Monday, May 21, 2012

Thor Dropped By To Hang And Eat Out




- May 21, 2012, Monday.

- I had a short trip to Ateneo to have my exit interview, and have lunch with my (former) boss and staff. Since I didn't have anything to do for the whole day, I thought of dropping by my friend Singson's house, which was on the way home anyway.

- He was free today, and he didn't mind me dropping by, so I did. After getting off the trike at their street, I didn't find Singson's house at once, since he said before that his house had a black roof -- until it was recently repainted to a Greek blue.

- Singson and I talked, played with his dog Pepito, trolled some friends in Facebook, and watched some of Russell Peters' acts. I was quite surprised that Singson was also a Russell Peters fan, since he only brought him up in our conversation last night. (For those who don't know: Russell Peters is an Anglo-Indian comedian from Canada. His jokes mostly involve race, culture, and language -- my cup of coffee or tea.)

- We both decided to go to Starbucks, quite near his house, to grab a drink. Since it was Starbucks' happy hour, finding a seat was impossible, and waiting for our drinks' took an eternity. I decided to grabe a seat at Burger King, since we were both craving for onion rings anyway.

- Singson pointed out that it was already raining hard outside, and I told him to not "fear," since I had my umbrella. "I forgot I was with Dora," he said.

- On our way out, Singson waited in the shade as I put out my umbrella. Just so I could make things more awesome and fun, I shouted to the whole world "I AM THOR. THE GOD OF LIGHTNING" (and yes I was corrected that it should've been "God of Thunder," but Thor controls lightnings anyway.) After saying that, I opened my umbrella with Asgardian flare, and after I turned around to look at Singson, he said - "I don't know you. Who are you again?" Haha. He quickly went under my umbrella and we rushed off to Burger King.

- We continued our conversation over onion rings and Starbucks drinks. We saw former drama club president Anthony (the third president after my presidency,) and said hello. We spent a good hour talking and just doing nothing significant -- which I think, ironically, was what made my afternoon significant. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment