Saturday, May 19, 2012

Reliving the Fanboy Days: K-Pop Saturday




- May 19, 2012, Saturday.

- I was bored today, and I was thinking if I should go out or not. My friend Margarette texted me this morning, asking how I had been, when I told her about not wanting to waste my Saturday. She asked if I would want to tag along with her and our friend Melissa, since they would be attending the Ongaku-Gayo K-Pop event at the SMX Convention Center. I agreed to go, and it would be a nice addition to my Korean weekend, last night being my Korean buffet night.

- I met Marga and Melissa at the Gil Puyat LRT station at 1:30, and rode off to SMX. We had a hard time looking for the event, since it was placed inside a small meeting room, rather than the usual big exhibit halls. It was also moments later that we realized that the event wasn't what we all expected.

- Melissa thought that the event would be a bazaar that would feature the top 20 K-Pop-item sellers. When we got there, only one stall was present, and the event seemed like a K-Pop cosplay event. Marga and I were a bit dissapointed to have spent 200php on the entrance, although things started to get a bit interesting.

- Melissa was able to buy her K-Pop things from the stall there, and soon, the three of us were thinking if we should go to another K-Pop event nearby, or if we should stay there instead, and maybe stroll inside MOA. We just waited until 3pm, when the food would be allowed to be served.

- Melissa was the only one with the food stub, so she was the only one who could be served at the food counter. I fell in line for Melissa, while Melissa and Margarette watched the cover groups do their dance/performance covers of famous K-Pop idol groups.

- The emcee announced that the first raffle round would take place before people could start getting food from the food counter. I was excited not for the raffle, but for the food, obviously. Little did we expect that I was chosen as one of the winners for the first raffle round. I won a framed TVXQ puzzle, and I gave it to Melissa, since she liked TVXQ a lot. Well, from that alone, I felt that I had maximized a big part of my 200php entrance fee; the framed picture puzzle was a bit expensive if bought from the stall in the event.

- Being the first in line, I was able to get food, although we all agreed to give the bowl of noodles and dumplings to Margarette, who had not eaten breakfast and lunch yet. Since we had time to spare, we decided to go to Mexicali to eat more. I was craving for some Mexican food. Although Mexicali is a bit commercialized, it was the only close-to-actual-Mexican restaurant around.

- We decided to go back to the event after Mexicali, just in case Marga or Melissa would also get to win some raffled prizes. Both of them weren't able to be as lucky as I was, but we were able to enjoy the remaining dance numbers (although it was also Melissa's luck that I decided to give her the TVXQ picture puzzle. Meh, what are friends for. Haha.) Also, I was able to get some food from the food counter despite not having a food stub. I think the caterers were already trying to "dispose" of all the food they have left.

- We rode a cab home after the event, since Marga was in a bit of a hurry to attend something else for the night. As for me, it's rest night after an afternoon of being squished by crazy fan girls, fan boys, and K-Pop cosplayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment