Saturday, June 16, 2012

Delights of Chinatown: Simple Saturdays




- June 16, 2012, Saturday.

- My friend Singson and I planned to meet this Saturday, after their career orientation and my Saturday morning class in the uni. Since my professor dismissed us earlier today, as it was our first meeting, I was able to catch up to the last bits of Singson's career orientation, where two of my batchmates, and other non-batchmate friends spoke. (I secretly wanted to speak in that orientation too, but the school didn't ask me to, and I had a morning class in the uni.)

- Before Singson and I had lunch, I met Nellie, Aldo, and Lester in the office to congratulate them with their surely-well-done speeches and presentations. I wasn't able to see my classmate Jill, who I found out was one of the speakers, and who left earlier than the other three.

- Singson and I mingled with some people before having a light lunch at Cafe Mezzanine. We had the usual best sellers, Cafe Mezzanine's kiampong, tofu, asado egg, and meatball soup. It was my first time to try their meatball soup, and I think their meatball tasted great. The meatballs were subtly flavored, springy, and best of all, big.

- We hung out at The Tea after lunch, and relaxed with the relaxing background music, the cold air conditioning, the clean and magazine-worthy set-up and ambiance, and the natural sunlight passing through the big glass windows. I had my favorite green tea milk tea, and Singson had a strawberry milkshake. I thought their strawberry milkshake looked unique, although I haven't tasted it yet.

- Singson and I wanted to have dimsum as the highlight of the afternoon - it was even the original plan for the day - but Singson felt tired from waking up early for the orientation, and decided to rest first in their store. If he happened to wake up early, then maybe we'd have dimsum.

- Our dimsum afternoon didn't push through, since he must've been too tired, and I myself a bit tired from my morning class, but at least we were still able to hang out, and talk a lot. Hopefully, we'd be able to hang out again soon. There is never a dull moment when a cultural adventurer and a curious polymath-in-the-making - both talkative - are held together by food, adventures, stories, and more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment