Sunday, June 10, 2012

People-Watching Dinner Night: People Everywhere




- June 10, 2012, Sunday.

- My high school friends and I wanted to have dinner nearby, and decided to go to Lucky Chinatown Mall. It felt a bit awkward going there again, since I was just in Lucky Chinatown the day before with another set of friends.

- I met Marvinson and Bless at McDonald's, and walked to Lucky Chinatown to meet Erlyn, and supposedly some other friends who told us the last minute that they couldn't come. We decided to try out Kogi Bulgogi, a surprisingly affordable close-to-authentic Korean restaurant. The appearance of the restaurant gave off a very sophisticated ambiance, but the prices on the menu say otherwise. The quality of the food was OK for me, although I still preferred to eat at the "more authentic" Korean restaurants of Malate and Makati.

-The four of us sat by the window, and it was not a good idea since we kept on seeing people we knew, and a person I didn't know, but kept on running into these past few months wherever I went. (I'm really curious to know who that person is though.)

- We hung out at Starbucks right after going around the mall, and right after we entered Starbucks, we saw our high school classmate John Oliver, one of the people in the class who we haven't seen for so long. Lucky for me, I saw him thrice after high school graduation, this being the third time, while the others haven't seen him at all since high school graduation 5 years ago.

- We had a nice time talking inside Starbucks, at least Marvinson and I did, while Bless and Erlyn were busy playing with games in their phones.

- We went home around 9pm, and Erlyn and her dad were nice enough to give Bless, Marvinson and I a lift home. It was a great evening, too bad the others were not present; it would've been a more awesome evening.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gahd john oliver! he hasnt changed at all. san na raw sya? :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job-seeking. Katatapos lang magboards kasi. It's funny kasi nakita ko siya that day, then nakita ko siya the day after din. HAHAHAHA. So make that four times ko na siyang nakita.

    ReplyDelete