Saturday, May 1, 2010

Let's Fly to CHICAGO for the Ultimate Korean Experience!!!! :D:D:D:D




- May 1, 2010, Saturday

- Ok ok, you caught me. I didn't really fly to Chicago, USA, but I really went to a place named Chicago, with a few friends, for the ultimate Korean experience: NORAEBANG (karaoke. :D:D:D:D)

- The trip started after I picked up Charmaine from her house around 11am. We rode the LRT to Gateway, and ate a BIG lunch at Burgoo. After around an hour, we went ahead to the MRT station, and rode off to Ortigas.

- Meeting Sang at Ortigas was a bit of a challenge. Honestly, it wasn't a good day to NOT bring my trusted map, and as expected, it was a bit hard to find Sang. It was a good thing he gave us directions. They helped, but somehow, Charmaine and I ended up somewhere near, but not exactly the place where Sang expected us to be.

- During our wait, 2 foreigners approached me to ask for directions and other places of interest in Manila. It was honestly a bit difficult to bombard them with information, especially how to commute to those places, but the conversation ended when I talked to the Korean girl in Korean and the Argentinian guy in Spanish. Right now, I just hope that the two foreigners found their way around Manila. Damn, if only Lala made my Itch Toes Walking Tours calling card, I could've given them my calling card. Oh well.

- Well, as for Charmaine and I, we finally managed to find our way by asking guard after guard after guard. We met Sang near Poveda, and rode off to Chicago. Chicago is just beside Metrowalk, and is opened 24 hours. Promo times are during 5am to 5am. Each hour during promo hour is 180 per room (though I think 180 is the minimum payment per hour for each room, and that the price increases after a certain number/range of people.)

- We started choosing and singing songs while waiting for another friend - Margarette!! Sang also told me beforehand about his two surprises: he'll do a rap, and a Chinese song. Well, I must say, Sang is a great rapper!! Aside from that, he does know his Chinese. As for Charmaine and I, we both printed romanized lyrics of Korean songs we liked, so we could still sing them while the screen flashed Korean words. I can read Korean, but not as fast. :D:D:D:D

- Marga arrived after nearly an hour. It was the first time she'd be meeting Charmaine personally after I introduced them to each other online several months ago (in 2009 I think.) Also, it was the first time that Margarette would be meeting and talking to Sang, though I have mentioned Sang to Margarette quite a few times after our Chinatown trip.

- Everyone got along well. Even if some of them have met each other for the first time, shyness didn't exist. As for me, shyness never existed at all. HAHAHAHA. I think I didn't even run out of energy, and matched my songs with choreography, or endless ADHD-like jumping and screeching.

- After 3 hours of nonstop singing, we headed somewhere near UA&P for dinner. The restaurant was named MH2 Korean restaurant. It was our first time there, even Sang, though he told us that people recommended that place based on his research. I must say, I think the people were right. The interior of MH2 was that of a Koreanovela set brought to life. The place was cozy, but at the same time spacey. The food was undoubtedly amazing (and spicy,) and the free, cold, and bottomless rice tea (barley actually, according to Sang,) made my night. The friendly owner also made friends quickly with Sang. Hahahaha.

- No wonder we couldn't after eating. I think we doubled our body sizes, and if we didn't have a choice, I think we would've rolled to the small Korean grocery behind MH2. Haha. (Marga bought a Melonia popsicle. As much as I would like to buy one, I was full.)

- Sang drove off after pointing out some directions to Marga. (Yes Sang, if you're reading this, we are looking forward to our next fun-filled Korean adventure. :D:D:D:D) Marga was on her way home, but was also kind enough to drive Charmaine and I to the 5th Avenue LRT1 station. Along the way, we talked about stuff while listened to SNSD's Oh! CD.

- At the LRT, I noticed that my whole body smelled like Korean food. Well it's not really the best scent to have in a closed and air-conditioned public transportation vehicle. Then again, I like the smell of Korean food, or I guess food in general. Charmaine and I rode a trike from the Bambang LRT Station to our building. If I know better, Charmaine and I would have chosen to roll all the way to our house, given that the road is clean, it isn't round 9 in the evening, and that no one was watching. :D:D:D:D

3 comments: