Friday, May 14, 2010

Time Flies....Kinder Was Just Like Yesterday: Hello -after a few centuries- Eleazar!! :D:D:D:D




- May 14, 2010, Friday

- Miracles happen. Yes, it does. A lot of people may or may not believe in miracles, usually based on how their lives go. As for me, miracles do happen. The funniest miracle in life is called coincidence. Yes, things that happen seemingly without reason, but they may or may not bring smiles to people.

- I've recently had one of these little coincidences. A few years ago, Jessica asked me about an "Eleazar Gomendoza" since this person added her on Facebook. I immediately replied, "he was our classmate in kinder." After that, I searched for him in facebook and added him as a friend. I even added him in my YM. I always wondered what happened to him after he transferred to Grace with his cousin after the second grade. I couldn't find him in Friendster ages ago. Yes, I more or less remember the people encounter in my life.

- Flash Forward: Eleazar decided to meet up with Jessica again, and Jessica asked me and Cristina if we would like to accompany her. It was a sure yes for me. It had been ages since the last time I saw Eleazar. Grade 2 I think. I can't even connect the pictures I see on Facebook with the plump white kid I remember. (I even used to pinch his cheeks so hard....and he would get mad at me. Haha)

- Today, I met up with Jessica in Shakey's Masangkay after my first day of driving school (again....,) and waited for Eleazar to arrive. Cristina wasn't able to make it since it was her dad's birthday. I didn't wanna bother her too since she's having her finals for her summer class.

- I was a bit nervous to meet Eleazar again, naturally, but I knew it would be a great evening. He arrived shortly, and yes, it was a new beginning for us. Hopefully I'd be able to encounter him again in the future.

- We ordered a lot of food, and had a lot of catching up to do. Sure, there were awkward moments, since it was hard to find things to talk about, except for our kinder years, and college life. As for me, I only know a few people from his alma mater, which also made conversations more difficult. Nevertheless, we managed to talk about a lot of things, from the past, present, and the future.

- After dinner, we decided to have coffee at Metropolitan Hospital's Seattle's Best. Luckily it was still opened. We met Oliver along the way, and Oliver told us that he'd just leave his bag at home, and would meet us in a jiffy. Yey Oliver for brining his discount card. Even better, he treated us. :) :) :) :)

- After talking about more stuff, Jessica and Oliver asked me to call neighbor Bless if she's at home, so she could meet us, and so we could introduce her to Eleazar.

- Bless agreed to meet with us, and promptly changed clothes, and walked across our building to Metro. Since Seattle's was closing, Oliver and I chose a drink for Bless. Well, Oliver had more knowledge about the drinks, so I let him choose for Bless. Haha.

- I guess it's a bit weird and awkward for Eleazar, since he couldn't relate to a lot of the CKSC-stuff we talked about, but I tried my best to at least acquaint him with what was happening in his supposed alma mater.

- The night ended sooner than we thought, and sadly, it was time for us to go our own ways. It was a blessing to have met/seen/talked to Eleazar again, and hopefully, we'd have more things to talk about in the future. Time flies by quickly, but not so quick that memories will not be cherished and remembered -at least that's how things go for me. Sure, people might forget stuff that had happened in the past, but a lot of tiny random memories, like how Eleazar got mad every time I pinched his cheeks, or how I used to have suspenders when I was young, still remained stored in my weird and quirky head.

- Kudos to memories, to old friends, present friends, new friends, real friends, and friendships that will (hopefully) last forever. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment