Monday, May 17, 2010

Slow And Fun, Movie And Food, Truly A Fun Afternoon.




- May 17, 2010, Monday

- Grace and the usual people invited me to spend an afternoon in Shangri-La. That bonding session was a convenient way to give Venus and me our "pasalubongs" from Korea and Beijing, since Mary Grace recently went on a tour to Korea, and went to Beijing to watch the Suju Concert (with Margerette) earlier this year.

- Venus, Marga and I met at the 5th Avenue LRT Station, and waited for Grace to pick us up. We listened to Grace's kpop filled iPod, as Mary and Venus had a little playful fight about who gets to get which pasalubong. Haha.

- After we arrived at Shangri-La around an hour later, we bought tickets to Miley's movie "The Last Song." Since we had about an hour to spare, we ate a rather late lunch at Claw Daddy. God. The food can kill. HAHA. Especially the big oily crab. :| :| :| :| ANYWAY....Haha.

- We rolled towards the theater, and passed on the popcorn....though we would have wanted to if we weren't so full from the Claw-Daddy lunch. Miley's movie was surprisingly not as bad or cheesy as I thought it would. Miley's role suited her, though I could see that the movie had a lot of resemblances from Miley's 2009 film, "Hannah Montana The Movie." (Rebellious girl, goes somewhere else with brother, meets this Caucasian guy, something about Miley's role and her music, something about Miley and her dad in the film, Miley's change of heart, etc.) -> I got to say though, "When I Look At You" did catch my attention, just like "The Climb." Dont' get me wrong though, I still am not a Miley fan. Haha.

- After the rather moving movie, we walked around and ate some yoghurt. We walked around again afterwards, and decided to go home instead of having an early dinner. Indeed, we made the right decision. Venus wanted Mary Grace to drive her to her house, which is more or less near mine. I was OK with Grace dropping me off at the 5th Avenue Station, but Venus insisted on Grace driving her home. Grace agreed, and thus started the 2-hour-long-or-so drive.

- Like earlier, we listened to Grace's threshold of Korean songs in her iPod, while the four of us talked about random stuff on the way home. Grace dropped us off at Ersao, somewhere along the midpoint of my house and Venus' house.

- It was a really really short afternoon, but it's nice to go out once in a while, as I try as much as I can to make the most out of my last REAL summer before "going out into the real world." I guess a lot of people wouldn't know how important this summer is, or how much it means to me, except for people who're going to graduate next year....or even later this year. Sigh. Good luck senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment