Monday, February 27, 2012

Proud Alumnus: CKSC Grand Slam Bonfire 2012




- February 27, 2012, Monday.

- It is rare for our school to win the Manila Tiong Lian Basketball Tournament (errr, sort of like a Chinese and high-school version of the UAAP games,) and it is rarer for our school to win ALL categories, including the Baden Powell Cup (scout basketball.) In celebration of this grand slam victory, the school decided to let the students have another wash day, the first being last Chinese New Year. The students were asked to wear blue and white, my alma mater's colors. Aside from this, the main celebration was going to be a bonfire at the school quadrangle with performances by alumni and current students.

- I arrived at CKSC, wearing blue and white like the school colors, with brown-gray pants such as the concrete building, and orange accessories like my high school class colors. I quickly rushed off to the table where my theater group was, and spent most of the time with them.

- During dinner, I met up with high school batchmates, and talked like there was no tomorrow. After all, not a lot of them regularly visit CKSC like I do. I also met other alumni whom I haven't seen in a long time, even years.

- The food was free, which I loved, but drinks were not served. I had to go out and by myself a lottttttttt of drinks. The performances were great too, some from the elder alumni, and some from current students, recent alumni, or college students. MASCKS home dance group, the MASCKS Moverz, also took part in the performance. Of course we cheered for them. There was also a dragon dance and lion dance aside just before the bonfire. Aside from these, the firework display also made the night a lot colorful, literally in many ways.

- I wrapped up the night when it was around 9pm, and many people started to decrowd the quadrangle. I honestly wasn't supposed to go today, if my friend Oi Hing didn't invite me. I am not a fan of super crowded places, and I only went because of my friends, batchmates, and MASCKS. Fortunately, and surprisingly, the school was not as crowded as I thought it was. Then again, I thought tonight was amazing, and it indeed made me proud to be an alumnus of CKSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment