Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oui: A(n) (Supposedly) All White Affair - CKSC Batch 2007 Reunion




- July 29, 2012, Saturday, 6pm, Oasis.

- It's been 3 years and 2 days since the last time I visited Oasis; it was for my friend Blessilda's debut. This time, it was for our batch reunion. (Too bad Blessilda wasn't able to go though.)

- After months of ceaseless work, kudos to those who have exerted more effort, or have done more. Still, it was the cooperation of everyone that made the event work.

- I arrived at Oasis around 4pm, and started working on things that needed to be finished and finalized. An hour later, Glenn, Nellie, and I were manning the registration, which turned out hellish and more hassling after we had to deal with walk-in attendees, or those who just paid, but confirmed their attendance beforehand.

- The event started around 8pm, but Nellie, Glenn, and I were still not done with the registration. Of course I also had to accommodate friends whom I haven't seen for a long time. Many female batchmates who attended dressed up like Greek goddesses. I on the other hand, sported a Muslim outfit, since my Muslim friends around the world are currently in the middle of celebrating Ramadan. (I still ate though, I'm not a Muslim anyway; and after all, the reunion was after sundown, so eating was allowed if ever.)

- I did not pay much attention to what was happening on stage, especially after realizing that Glenn and I were already finished with our tasks, and already had time to eat. All I remember were the object manipulation performance, some games, the bar flare performance, videos from high school, video about the event, and teachers and batchmates called to the stage to share some fond memories.

- I kept on eating the whole night, and laughing my trademark laugh. Although some of the other organizers had some brief not-so-nice moments with me, I didn't really care. After all, I was too busy trying to be happy and enjoying the event. I had too much happiness to give out. :) :) :) :)

- After the event, Nellie and I had to leave, since her parents were already there, and I was going to hitch a ride with them. Finally, I could rest with one agenda out of my mental to-do list, and I could live my life normally again, and by that I'm not too sure if that's totally a good thing.

- I liked how the reunion turned out, although I hope we could tone down the next reunion in 5 years, so more people would come. Personally, I thought the attendance was acceptable, although toning down the event would have brought more people. I am sure of that. Still, it was a night to remember, and I hope to see more people in the next batch reunion.

1 comment: