Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mr. Feta, Mr. Lemon, and the Tuscan Bread




- July 7, 2012, Saturday.

- My friend Dorenett wanted to meet up with the usual bunch, and so we arranged to meet up today. Unfortunately, Monica was not able to come due to her hospital duty.

- Christiane, John Glenn, and I met at Lucky Chinatown around 6:30 to 7pm, just after my shopping-and-grocery rounds in the mall. Personally, I'm not too fond of going to Lucky Chinatown, since I am always bound to see someone I know after every few steps. It is a convenient place to meet though. While deciding where to eat, we sat on a bench, and did some people-watching, and indeed, as always, I saw some people I/we knew.

- We later decided to have dinner at Italianni's, now with its updated menu. We ordered while waiting for Dorenett, who later came "as hungry as a tiger," she claimed. She just arrived from her hospital duty. For out appetizer, we had focaccia, and surprisingly, Tuscan bread (a first,) to be dipped in the usual olive-oil-and-balsamic-vinegar mix. We had beef salpicao, pasta fra diablo, and pizza caricato." We had a "nice" time, naming the small block of feta cheese I bought as "Mr. Feta," and the lemon as "Mr. Lemon."

- We all had Starbucks right after dinner to wind down, and due to John Glenn's generosity, he treated all of us. (Thank you again!!) Yet again we saw people we knew, but at least we were still able to have a private-and-cozy conversation.

- We all went home around 10:30, and Dorenett was kind enough to give me (and John) a lift home. (Thank youuuu.) As for me, I'm just glad that I had another sacred Saturday well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment