- August 23, 2026, Sunday.
- It was my last day in Osaka, yet there was still much to do! I wanted to take things a bit slow since I was leaving for home later that evening, but that doesn't mean to bore myself!
- I had a brief visit to Osaka Castle, even though I had visited the castle just a few years back. Back then I didn't realize that there was a nice Japanese garden at the side of the castle grounds with a stunning view of the castle. The castle was built in the 16th century by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
 |
| Osaka Castle! |
 |
| I can't believe I didn't see this garden before! |
 |
| A grey heron! (Also look at that reflection!) |
 |
| Osaka Castle from the center. |
 |
| I took a photo from this angle before during autumn, just took another one for the summer! |
- After refreshing myself at the hotel, and had my Family Mart breakfast, I checked out of my hotel and went to Denden Town. Denden Town is Osaka's answer to Tokyo's Akihabara, and both places are known for electronics and popular culture merchandise. I was supposed to look for some super sentai merchandise, to no avail.
 |
| Some of m favorites from Family Mart! Japan's convenience store food is the best!! |
 |
| Didn't find merch for me but saw this display! (I didn't want to buy toys as much as I enjoy super sentai toys, but I was looking for other smaller merch that I could use like keychains and stuff.) |
 |
| This is the store where I saw the Super Sentai display. I actually also visited Mandarake next door (for those who know the mecca that is Mandarake), but wasn't able to find anything for myself either. |
- Back at Dotonbori, I visited the Mameshiba Cafe and Osaka Owl's Forest, both of which are located in the same building (combination tickets available too). It might be easy to miss since the cafes are located in a small building. I think spending time in both cafes were nice ways to take a break from the noise of Dotonbori.
 |
| Just look for the photo with the dogs and owls. It may be hard to miss though! |
 |
| Guests have 30 minutes to play with the dogs. |
 |
| A sleepy boy!! |
 |
| Yes, the "Doge" meme was a shiba inu. |
 |
| I liked most things about the cafe. The only thing I didn't like much was the staff kept moving the dogs around so it was hard to interact with the dogs. I think they want he guests to all have opportunities to interact with the dogs, which I appreciate, but I feel that they could let the dogs do their own thing too. |
 |
| A princess. |
 |
| Owl cafe. |
 |
| I visited an owl cafe in Kyoto before, and this was pretty much similar to that. Petting the towns is allowed, but only with the back of the hand. |
 |
| Great grey owl. I like them generally because they're so fluffy! |
 |
| Barn owl. |
 |
| Spectacled owl. |
 |
| Striped owl. |
 |
| I had lunch at Creo-ru near the cafe. They specialize in takoyaki and okonomiyaki. I really wanted an okonomiyaki but it seemed too heavy so I just had a yakisoba and truffle takoyaki. The meal was amazing! |
 |
| This is Creo-ru from outside. |
- After lunch I got my luggage from the hotel and rode the Limite Express train from Namba Station to Kansai Airport. Just when I thought I was ready to close my Japan trip, the airport had a last minute surprise for me. The Mensho branch at the airport had a matcha-flavored ramen with Kobe beef. I couldn't say no to that! And this was my final meal in Japan.
 |
| In the train. On the way to the airport. |
 |
| I'm so glad I saw this!! |
 |
| The ramen broth tasted "normal" with a hint of grassiness from the match (but it worked I think). The meat was tender too! |
- My 5-day trip to Japan was one of my most spontaneous trips in my life and it was definitely a memorable one even though I didn't enjoy the heat. I thought this trip was going to be fueled by nostalgia, especially with the Super Sentai exhibition that I really wanted to see, but this trip gave me so much more than I had expected! I hope I'll get to visit Japan again in the near future, even if I also want to visit other new places around the world too. Japan has this coziness that I am sure many people understand and go back to Japan for! Until next time Japan, "mata ne"!!
** Check out my other adventures in this Japan trip here!!
Part 1: Osaka and All Super Sentai Exhibition - here
Part 2: Nara - here
Part 3: Himeji and Kobe - here
No comments:
Post a Comment