Saturday, September 12, 2009

Japanese Week Culminating Activity Day :D:D:D:D




- Sept, 11, 2009, Friday

- I didn't wanna go to school just because I didn't have any classes today (I think that's a logical reason). I had to just because it was the day of the Japanese Week culminating activity....where the awarding for the photo-haiku contest would be held.

- I was in Danica's car trying on the Charmaine mask I made a few days ago due to ennui. :D:D:D:D No one wanted to wear it, except me. HAHAHAHA. How sad. :D:D:D:D

- I went to school, had my philo readings photocopied, and decided to go to the CSR to mess with people in Mrs. Diycos' AdMan class. It was fun seeing advertising people again together....ah, Com160 memories (good....or bad??).

- After Mrs. Diyco's driver came to deliver her things, it was an obvious sign for me to leave the room. Haha. Well, I didn't get to see Mrs. Diyco though. I went to Matteo instead, and watched random videos on youtube, and chatted through meebo.

- At around 12:30, I went back to the CSR to invite people to have lunch with me. In the end, around 4 of us ate together at the caf. We also met Macky and Diana, and sat with them.

- We had fun taking pictures of "Leslie". Hahahaha.

- After lunch, Leslie and I headed towards the MVP Roofdeck for the Onigiri class. Onigiri is a type of Japanese food much like a bigger version of maki. They're usually rice balls (or triangles), with fillings inside such as tuna, pickled plum, or whatever fillings. The rice balls (or triangles) would later be wrapped by nori (seaweed).

- After the onigiri class, I changed into my Japanese attire and attended the culminating activity of the Jap Week in the same location, but a different area.

- Before the awarding, there were cosplay contests, Japanese karaoke finals, and many special performances.

- After around 2 hours(??), awarding time came. I was very very very very nervous. I really hoped that one of my three entries would win the contest. The emcee later informed the audience that the 3 places were won by the same person, but obviously, different entries (each person was allowed to submit a max of 3 entries). It was either me, or another person, who happens to be a girl. Only the two of us submitted three entries. The emcee explained how it came to be, so that no one would question the judges' decision. The criteria: 40% students' votes, 60% judges' votes. If ever, the most a contestant could do was to "tell all his friends, blockmates, and classmates to vote for one of the entries" :D:D:D:D Haha.

- So to cut the long dramatic narrative short, I won all three places. Haha. Yes, I was surprised, since I never though it was possible. (I only hoped for one to win. Haha)

- I won....1: Japanese postcards, 2: Japanese chopsticks with a cute chopstick holder, 3: Japanese toothpicks :D:D:D:D They're nice Japanese things that I may never use just because I wanna keep them in their "original packages". Haha.

- First place: the butterfly photo, Second place: the lilies photo, Third place: the cicada shell photo :D:D:D:D




** To all Atenean friends, classmates, and blockmates, thank you very much for supporting my photo-haiku entries. I don't think they will win (at least the 40% part) without you people :D:D:D:D You're the bestest!! I can't really express my sincerest gratitude through words (or haikus....or photos for that matter), so I'll just give you piggy back bear hugs :D:D:D:D



** BEA MANDAC: CONGRATULATIONS SA ATEN!!!! (She won third place in the karaoke competition)

** PHYLLIS: CONGRATULATIONS MUCH!!!! (She and her partner won second place in the karaoke competition)

26 comments:

  1. Pa-grab nito! Gagawin kong Profile Pic. Hahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Ok lang, bagay naman sa song eh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. magiging mask din to in the future!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA. HINDI KASI. HAHA. Baka mauna yung kay Zachary. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course. Hahahaha. Kelangan hindi masayang yung Jap attire ko. Dapat may documentation ng special attire ko. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes, alam kong gusto mo akong itulak. Hahahaha. JOKE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! :) :) :) :)

    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahaha oh no onga no, kaya pala pinicturan ni gilbert! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. una akala ko feel nio lang talaga ko picturan, may ulterior motive pala! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAHA. Hindi ko gagawing mask yung face mo. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA. Sinabi naman namin sa iyo. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha dapat pinicturan m rin un prizes haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. you keep appearing from nowhere again! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is real, this is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Let the light, shine on me. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you don't look sad. You look sleepy! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was aso sad....that the only thing I could do to forget my problems was to immerse myself in deept slumber.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete