Saturday, September 26, 2009

Big Day Day 2: Poseidon's Weather Game and India




- September 26, 2009, Saturday, day after my big day

- I had to celebrate my big day with Clarisse and Marga (again), so we decided to go out today. Of course, the rain disagreed.

- This morning, the rain was not really that hard, so we decided to push through with the Glorietta thing.

- We arrived at Glorietta around 11 and had lunch at New Bombay. We had fish tikka masala, rogan jhosh, chicken tandoori, chapatis, and mango lassis. Gladly, we were the only customers there. Since the restaurant played bhangra music, I just had to dance. And yes, I did. Haha.

- New Bombay is an awesome restaurant from the ambiance down to the food itself. I don't think, however, that it can still beat Assad's Cafe in Little India, UN Avenue. Hehe.

- Clarisse gave me my present, and pretended to be surprised (Clarisse asked me to pretend to be surprised as well. Haha.). Backstory: Clarisse texted me ago to verify if I had the book that she wanted to give me. Since I didn't have that book, she decided to buy and give it to me. It was a book about India. Hahahaha.

- We moved around Glorietta and Greenbelt for a short while, and decided to go home early since Clarisse's dad was calling her, and my mom was worried as well. Marga's dad and sister gave Marga feedbacks about the flood in some places.

- Half of Glorietta had a blackout, and half of it had electricity. By "half", I mean one half as the left side of the hall, and the other half as the right side of the hall. So the time we were walking along the hall to SM Makati, we felt that we were in Purgatory.

- By the time we got to the MRT station, the lines were terribly long. The ticket vendors did not sell tickets, since a lot of people were crowded in the platform below. The platform was decongested, the lines started to move.

- By the time I got off at Bambang station, the streets below were flooded as well. I had no choice but to take a pedicab. The person charged me 80php for the usual 20php ride from the LRT station to my house. I had no smaller bills, so I gave the person a hundred. Hey, he did push the little pedicab all the way to my house, and I was feeling generous (sour grape mode. Haha.)

- I've never seen the streets in my neighborhood flooded like that (even the small street below our condo was flooded too). While I was in the pedicab, I had to squat on the chair, since the pedicab driver told me that my big butt might get wet (he didn't actually say that though....he just told me that I would get wet. Haha)

- By the time we got to the "elevated" area in Masangkay, I was able to sit on the chair. Squatting was really difficult because of the tiny width of the chair, and the occasional uneven-road-caused-bumps. I prayed hard that I would not fall. If I do, maybe the flood water will eat me aliveeeee.

- I got home around 4pm, and was super thankful that I got home safely with minimal wetness.

- I was also happy to know that Marga and Clarisse got home safely as well.

- I need to go out with Marga and Clarisse as soon as the rain goes away. Huhu, and I bet that will be a very long time from now, due to acads, sudden weather menstruation, and stuffies.

- Poseidon is mad. He might send out the Kracken. Woohoo.

**Travel time = twice (or thrice) the time we were at Glorietta

6 comments:

  1. And I quote: "sudden weather menstruation"

    GILBERT!!! VERY BAD ANALOGY!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is going to give me nightmares. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korea's Superstar Group???? WHAT!!!

    Ahem.

    They. Are. An. IDOL GROUP!

    I want my moment too XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA. YOU'LL HAVE YOURSSSSSSSSS.

    ReplyDelete