Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Kid For A Day




- August 25, 2012, Saturday.

- My "hell week" in graduate school just ended officially this morning after doing a major report with my groupmates. As part of the celebration, I went to Toy Kingdom's Toy Expo at SMX this afternoon to hunt for a gift for a friend.

- I arrived at SMX around 2:30pm. I went straight in the venue, since there was no entrance fee, unlike most events. Most, if not all, of the toys were discounted, and some special items could be claimed at the customer service counter for single-receipt purchases worth 500php and above.

- This afternoon, there was an auction of Lala Loopsy items, and a meet-and-greet of Lala Loopsy herself. I think only the ones who lined up in the auction were the only ones allowed to participate in that event. Well, I had my own agenda anyway, and gladly, I was able to find what I needed.

- Toys, and more toys everywhere made me feel like a child again. I was excited to marvel the current, and soon-to-be deluxe robot models of Power Rangers Samurai (second season: Super Samurai,) the current Power Rangers season being aired in the USA. I was not too keen on purchasing Power Rangers Samurai toys, since they were quite expensive, and I still "patronage" the original three (or five) seasons of the Power Rangers series.

- After buying what I needed to buy, I went to MOA and searched for orange pants, to no avail. I just had yogurt to console myself. Haha. I was tired too.

- I later went to Grace's workplace, and went to Banapple Tomas Morato to meet with Lalaine (Lala,) Marie, Marnie, and Joanna; tomorrow will be Lala's birthday.

- After having dinner at Banapple, and surprising Lala with a big banoffee pie, we tried the unlimited-cake (and coffee) promo of Cravings, a few doors away from Banapple. Apparently, we were too full, and might not have made the most out of the promo, but we were still able to try the different cakes. My favorite was the devil's chocolate cake - so moist, so chocolatey, so creamy.

- Apparently, I found out that no one would be able to hitch a ride with someone home, since Marnie, who lived closest to me, was going to sleepover somewhere else tonight, so Lala and Grace accompanied me to flag a cab home. The traffic was too heavy, but gladly I was able to come home safely. Goodness.

- Toys, cakes, chocolate, surprises, and other randomness - it's great to be a kid, to feel free, to do anything, right after a tough week. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment