Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lucky For Me, And A Discovery




- August 21, 2012, Tuesday, Ninoy Aquino Day.

- In order to celebrate the last day of the ridiculously long weekend, (although I still have 2 extra free days due to not having classes both tomorrow and the next day,) I asked my friend Melissa if she was available this afternoon for a visit to Lucky Chinatown Mall. Melissa told me that she was available, and so I asked her to be prepared around 1pm.

- Melissa and I met up, went to the nearby City Square to visit out friend Pei Mei. We bought some ice cream because it was quite hot this afternoon.

- Back at Lucky, we went window shopping, and bought some groceries. I'm quite excited to try the sausages and cheeses I bought from the grocery. Both of us also found out that we were allowed to taste the cheeses for free.

- We later ate at Shi Lin, a specialty Chinese restaurant serving sophisticated and leveled up dimsum, noodles, and rice dishes. Most of these dishes are usually served in small restaurants in China as a type of "fastfood," and are never served in big servings. Melissa and I both ordered a bowl of noodles with spicy sesame and peanut sauce, and shared an order of xiaolongbao. We also had a pot of chamomile tea. We had so much tea that we peed a lot after eating.

- Melissa and I went around the mall a last time before going home. It was definitely not a fancy afternoon, but it was good to hang out with a (crazy) friend. It's always good to hang out with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment