Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Long-awaited Dinner: Tofu And Tea Delights




- August 29, 2012, Wednesday.

- After months of postponing and rescheduling, I was finally able to arrange a dinner meeting with my friend Samuel.

- While waiting for Samuel at Lucky Chinatown Mall, I was able to encounter former schoolmates Dennis and Reggie at random. We spent some time eating donuts and bench-hopping at the center atrium, and catching up with each other.

- I met Samuel around 7:30pm, and went to Shi Lin to have dinner. Samuel seemed to hungry (I was too, secretly,) and so we ordered a feast. My favorite for the night, aside from the noodles with spicy sesame and peanut sauce, was the Taiwanese tofu. The tofu was very silky, almost watery, and lightly sauced.

- Samuel and I talked a lot; we haven't seen each other since last December, I think. (I never realized how long it was since the last time I saw him.) Thanks to technology, I was able to regularly keep in touch with him though.

- We went home as the rain showered the city with glee, and we were able to hail a cab that would send us home, after several attempts. Hopefully, I'll be able to hang out with Samuel more, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment