Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Year Later, A Friend Decided To Visit




- August 30, 2012, Thursday.

- My friend Yujin Han from Korea announced to my study-tour group that she would be coming to the country together with her mother. Yujin works for EBS Korea, the television station that sponsored my Korea trip (along with 5 other (former) Ateneans, and our professor, Sir Sev.) Yujin was the one of the people who worked hard to make out study tour become a success.

- In order to repay all the things she and her team did for us in Korea, as well as to show the Filipino hospitality, our group decided to plan out things we could do to show Yujin and her mom around. It was decided that we would go to Tagaytay, as the highlight for today (my only free day,) and see where we could go afterwards.

- This morning, after a peculiar suicide case in one of the LRT stations halted the whole LRT operations. All the jeeps and taxis were occupied, and fortunately, I was able to ride a tricycle in front of the Sta. Cruz Church that sent me flying all the way to Hyatt Manila; the tricycle was really really fast.

- I arrived a bit later than the others, and we were all set to go to Tagaytay using the van Sir Sev rented. Ceej, Guada, Mel, Sir Sev, and I were present; Lexie couldn't make it, but would be able to join us for dinner, while Ali couldn't make it today because of work, I think.

- On the way to Tagaytay, we had a light pre-breakfast at Jollibee, and proceeded to see the myriad meadows along the way. It reminded us of the song "Paru-parong Bukid," so we taught a short line to Yujin and her mom, complete with actions.

- We arrived at Tagaytay Highlands and had a more proper breakfast. Afterwards, All of them, except Sir Sev, Guada, and I, swam in the nice infinity pool. Guada and I just took pictures of them. We seemed to own Tagaytay Highlands today, since it was a weekday.

- After their swim, we had a stopover at the Picnic Grove to do some souvenir shopping, before going to Josephine to eat a hearty and cholesterol-loaded banquet. There was also an artist doing 15-minute portaits at the open-area of Josephine, and Yujin and her mom decided to have their portraits drawn. I think the artist's "artist name" was "Nipara," or something like that. He specializes in studio art, and payment for his life-like 15-minute sketches would depend on how much the customers think the sketches should cost.

- After lunch, we had a long sleep-loaded trip to Makati, where Yujin and her mom did some shopping, before capping the night of with a buffet dinner at Glorietta's Dad's-Saisaki-Kamayan. Apart from the nice meal, we were able to ask the mariachi group to sing some Filipino and Korean songs, and I was able to borrow the tempura-waiter's nice shrimp headdress for a short photo-op. Haha.

- I was the one assigned to accompany Yujin and her mom back to the hotel, since I lived closest to the hotel. I had my early goodbyes to them, since I wouldn't be able to accompany them for their Manila tour with Guada and the others (something I think I could've contributed more too, since I have toured a lot of people around Manila.) Anyway, I still hope to have more encounters with my Korean friends, as well as my other friends from other interesting and colorful lands.



** By the way, I met the most interesting cab driver on the way home. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment