Saturday, August 4, 2012

Neighbors BRAVE-ing the Rain




- August 4, 2012, Saturday.

- Thank God for the class suspension today because of the UP entrance exam (God bless them.) Since I had a full day off, I decided to go malling with my former neighbor, Riezeryl. I needed to shop for new pants, since some of my old ones had already worn off. Since Riezeryl was thinking of watching Brave too, she agreed to come with me today.

- I met Riezeryl today at a bit past 10am, and went to MOA with my current neighbor, Charmaine. Charmaine was also going to MOA, coincidentally, but she would be hanging out with her co-workers. At least Riezeryl and I were able to semi-hang-out with her on the way to MOA, and just before we parted ways in the mall.

- Riezeryl and I bought tickets to the 2:45 show of Brave, and went to have lunch at Mexicali. I hoped she enjoyed her first not-so-authentic-but-closest-to-real-Mexican Mexican meal. I also could not resist shaking my body, and dance along to the Latino music.

- While waiting for our 2:45 show, Riezeryl accompanied me to do my shopping. I never knew it was that difficult to look for a pair of plain white pants.

- Riezeryl and I were fortunate to grab nice seats inside the theater, since a lot of people wanted to watch Brave this afternoon. I liked the movie mainly because it was peppered with many Scottish cultural elements, which made the movie more "realistic." Although the movie was predictable after the main plot twist, I couldn't believe that I got teary eyed towards the end.

- We both had Jamba Juice after the movie, and went home just before sunset. We left Charmaine with her co-workers, since they would be coming home a few hours later. Thankfully, the rain also cooperated with us, and didn't rain while we were on the way to MOA, and on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment