Monday, August 13, 2012

Someone's First Chicken Joy After A Year in Sushi-Land




- August 3, 2012, Monday.

- My friend Melissa came home from Japan just the other day, after a year of being an exchange student in Tokyo. We were eager to meet each other, and she asked if we could eat at Jollibee, since she missed it too much while in Japan.

- I had a whole afternoon shopping spree before my 5pm meeting with Melissa. I wanted to look for a nice pair of orange pants, since I finally figured out how to pull them off. Weird enough, I saw everything else there was to see, except for the one I was looking for. Tough luck. I was able to buy an inexpensive shirt though.

- I met Melissa around 5:30 at Jollibee. I was happy that I finally got to sit down after around 4 and a half hours of nonstop standing and walking around.

- My meal with her became a long interview session, with me asking her question after question about her experiences in Japan. I already had a gist of what her life was like in Japan through my regular chats with her, aided by some of her photos in Facebook, but it was also nice to know more about her experiences through a "personal" interview.

- We both went home around 8pm, surprising for both of us, since we thought that having an early dinner would make us go home earlier. Well, I guess an early dinner just gave more time to me to ask about her life in Japan, and for her to ask me about what has happened in the country while she wasn't around. The bonus of the night?? The goodie bag she gave me. Haha. Thanks again Mel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment