Friday, June 4, 2010

Hola y Selamat Datang Balikbayan!! :D:D:D:D




- June 4, 2010, Friday

- Whew. I must say, I gotta thank Michelle and Marga for saving my slowly-dying social life. I have been social lifeless for the past how many months (except for a few ice breakers,) but it really did make me feel empty. ANYWAY. Haha.

- Michelle, my long time Mexican-Filipina friend and Marga's best friend, came back from her 10-day trip to Indonesia. She wanted us to meet up so we could sit down, talk, and yes, the pasalubongs. I brought little things I bought from Baguio, and Marga with tiny pasalubongs from her recent trip to Boracay. I guess it was an exchange pasalubong event.

- We had a meal at Golden Fortune, where we re-oriented Michelle to the Chinese cuisine. It's been a while since Michelle returned to her Chinese background. (She studied in our school, albeit not being Chinese and all.) Michelle bought a nice puppet-statue set of Rama and Sita, from epic Ramayana. Indonesia has its own version of the Ramayana because of the Indianization of Indonesia a long long time ago. Aside from that, she gave Marga and I a pack of instant mee-goreng each (sort of like the Filipino Pancit Canton.)

- After talking much about our lives and all that, we headed towards Marga's dad's store because that's where Michelle was going to be picked up by her dad. She asked her dad to bring the batik clothes she left at home as well as the peanut tarts from Indonesia, so she could give them to us. Hehe.

- It was nice to see Michelle's dad and Marga's dad again. I haven't seen them for a long time. As for Michelle, it was nice of her to bring a lot of stuff for Marga and me from Indonesia....especially the Rama and Sita puppet-statues. It meant a lot to me because of the Ramayana play we did during my last year in high school; Michelle played Sita, and I did some stuff for the play. (Just a piece of info for people who haven't known me for a long time. :D:D:D:D)

- Once again, I wanna thank these two for saving my social life (not to mention the pasalubongs they gave me today.) I only have slightly more than a week before school starts again, and I hope that my socal life will slowly come alive again. Senior year, please be kind to me. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment