Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bucharest Failventure!! :D:D:D:D




- June 5, 2010, Saturday

- Danica, Charmaine, her sister, and I went to Ateneo today to pay our tuition. It had been a long time since the last time I visited the school. I can now slowly digest that another is coming up since freshmen, usually with their parents, siblings, or guardians were all around Ateneo, going here and there to pay their tuition as well. Cheryl, Charmaine's sister, paid her very first official Atenean tuition. Just like an excited parent, I took a picture of her and her first payment.

- After paying, Cheryl headed home, and the three of us went to MOA to eat lunch at Bucharest (one of the higher-end restaurants facing the sea; near Abe) and watch The Killers. We excitedly walked to Bucharest only to find out that it was mysteriously closed for the day. Shucks. I had been looking forward to eating here since the day the three of us planned to eat there. Well, we managed to find an alternative after buying movie tickets, Cafe Mediterranean, and it served the same cuisine as Bucharest. I can say that the service in Cafe Mediterranean was great, especially the waiter knowing every single thing on the menu, but just once catch - their credit card machine was broken. Boo again!!

- Since we had around two hours to spare, we walked around and around the large mall before going to the theater. We managed to find ourselves in the department store, and checked out the Filipiniana section. Danica's eyes and mine were caught by the free sample of coconut wine and sugarcane wine. Being the brave souls that we were, we tasted them. I liked the coconut one better because I like coconuts. Haha. YEY. Besides, it tasted sweeter than the sugarcane wine.

- We went to Kultura, the main branch of the department store's Filipiniana section, to see if they had more things that we could taste. Apparently, our hunch was right. They had more bottles of native alcohol with assorted flavors. I didn't bother to try them since they smelled weird. I just tried the coconut wine again. For some reason the bottle in Kultura tasted much better than the one I tasted in the department store. Anyway, I'm not an alcoholic or anything. Haha. I just tasted. :D:D:D:D

- The three of us rushed to Red Mango after seeing that we had 30 minutes left before the movie started. We bought yogurt and brought them inside the cinema. The Killers, I must say, is not really the best spy movie I've seen. I think it was a comedy film pretending to be a serious one....like how the 90's tried to cover up the mess of the 80's. Hahahaha. ANYWAY.

- After the movie, we walked around for a bit before heading home. Danica still had to go some place else with her family, so we couldn't extend our stay in MOA. It was a really really random and fun mall trip despite Bucharest being closed today. Hopefully, I'll be able to try Bucharest soon. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment