Friday, June 18, 2010

Karate Chop Sushi!!!! :D:D:D:D




- June 18, 2010, Friday

- After the surprisingly stressful first week of classes, I knew I just had to unwind, since I can now foresee the pretty heavy sem because of thesis.

- Since a lot of my friends weren't available today, Atenean or not, I was really thankful that Marnie had nothing to do today. Both of us don't have classes on Fridays (I don't have classes on Mondays too) and coincidentally, today was also a school holiday.

- Marnie told me that Thea was inviting us to have lunch with her today because Thea had a ridiculously long break in between her morning class and her last class in the afternoon. I met Marnie and Thea at Marnie's house, and chose a restaurant in Ongpin. Since Thea was on budget mode, we decided to have lunch at Tasty Dumplings.

- At around two in the afternoon, Marnie and I had a march under the sun towards the Carriedo station, and rode off to MOA. We bought tickets to the 4:20 show of The Karate Kid, roamed around, and had a really nice grape-flavored swirly ice cream before going to the cinema. I forgot the name of the stall, but it's somewhere outside Powerbooks. The stall sells pizzas in the shape of cones, and ice cream as well.

- The Karate Kid was shown at the Center Stage theater of MOA, and the line to the theater started to become longer and longer and longer and longer. It was a good thing we decided to go to the theater earlier, so we could get better seats - and yes, we managed to get good seats.

- The Karate Kid (or Kung Fu Kid to be exact,) was the same as its three predecessors, all starring Pat Morita as Miyagi, the "sensei" of the kid. The first two movies had the same "kid," while the third featured another kid (a girl this time.) I enjoyed all three Miyagi-movies, comprising a part of my childhood, but this recent Karate Kid, starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, had a certain closeness to me. Obviously, it's because of my Chinese heritage. (It made me understand the Chinese lines better; not all Chinese lines had subtitles. Hahahaha.) Aside from that, I was also "enlightened" by certain aspects of Chinese philosophy shared by Mr. Han (Jackie Chan) to Dre (Jaden Smith.) Unlike the first three Karate Kid movies, this one incorporated humor in certain little aspects of the movie, which made it more amusing to watch.

- After the movie, Marnie and I headed to Sakae Sushi to try out the sushi buffet. I can't believe that I only found out about Sakae's sushi buffet around 3 months ago; I had been eating at Sakae Sushi for a few years now, though I don't eat there often. (Maybe that's why I hadn't known about its sushi buffet.)

- Sakae Sushi's sushi buffet was a good deal for me. For only 399php, a diner can get anything from the sushi conveyor belt (leftovers not allowed,) bottomless hot or cold green tea, and a bowl of seaweed miso soup. Each plate is priced 39, 59, 79 or 99php depending on the color of the plate. Because it's easy to "fill up" the 400php, it's a win situation. Marnie and I finished plates that would have cost us around 1500php if we paid for the individual plates. Hahahaha.

- It was a good thing that Marnie's mom texted her that their car would pick us up in MOA. At least both of us took our time choosing the most interesting, or the classic favorites or sushi, while talking about horror movies (weird huh??) and about our everyday lives in the Ateneo or in CKSC when we were still in high school.

- Full from sushi as the clock ticked, we walked towards the parking lot to meet Marnie's driver, and rode home while continuing our conversation. Hopefully, my senior year will still be studded with adventures despite all of our busy schedules, and good luck to all of us. :| :| :| :| Yes, I can now say that I officially am a senior....because my school ID says so. :| :| :| :|

2 comments:

  1. Kain tayo!! Hahahaha. MAsarap nga. Hindi siya super tamis, pero nalalasahan pa rin yung grape-flavored swirl.

    ReplyDelete