Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hello John Glenn!! :D:D:D:D




- June 12, 2010, Independence Day

- Dorenett, Mon and I were planning for days about a supposed dinner. Around two nights ago, however, Dorenett texted us if we wanted to have an afternoon coffee instead with John Glenn. I naturally said yes.

- John Glenn studied in our school, and is a batchmate of Dor and Mon. He went to Canada after a year of college in UP Diliman, and stayed there since then. He comes back almost every year, and it just so happened that he came back here a few days ago for his summer vacation.

- Shortly after lunch, Dor and Glenn went to my place to pick me up, and walked towards Mon's house to pick her up. It was initially awkward, well at least in my shoe, to see Glenn again after several years. I rarely talk to him online because of the big time difference between Canada and our raging hot country. Besides, he's busy with his studies and internships in Canada.

- After we picked up Mon, we walked to Seatlle's Best Ongpin, which was a few steps away from Mon's house. After I entered, I saw Borbe's friends, and later, my friend Oliver who was working there (he made my pasta salty. HAHA.)

- It was really really fun to talk to Glenn, Dor, and Mon. Even though I was bombarded with medical terms, since they were all in the same field, I managed to relate to them, still the same. Well, I also had a good meal....or maybe two. :D:D:D:D (Thanks again Dor for treating my first meal. Hehe.)

- Oh random thing. It was hard to introduce the jejemon culture to Glenn. After painstaking ways of trying to explain how the jejekooltura (jejeculture) works, I decided to type a sample jejemon text so he'd understand. Hahahaha.

- After eating and drinking our milkshakes (+ my cupcake drink,) we walked to Mon's house so we could meet her new dog Lady. Why Lady?? It's short for LADY GAGA (Dang, speaking of Lady Gaga, her new song Alejandro can't seem to find its way OUT of my brain.) Lady was much more hyper than her other dog, Rylie (did I spell it right Mon??)

- Though we never really did anything extreme today, time still flew fast. While we were at Mon's house, Dor was surprised that it was already around six in the evening. I was surprised too.

- It was time for us to go home, and I thought that would be the end of our day. Well, I figured that going home would be an episode itself. Glenn offered to walk us (ehem, Dor) home, even though it means going farther away; Glenn's house was just in Soler, a few steps away from Golden Fortune.

- Glenn and Dor were playfully arguing about how we'd go home. Of course we didn't want Glenn to walk farther away. Glenn however suggested that we ride a pedicab home. We declined, but taking turns suggesting how we'd get home ended up Glenn's way. We rode the pedicab to my house, and Glenn walked Dor home. (Ehem, again.) :D:D:D:D It was nice of Glenn to pay for the pedicab, even though it wasn't really necessary. Oh well. :D:D:D:D

- The short afternoon was relaxing, a big alternative to my usual stresful adventures. Though it was nice to have time to just sit down, talk, drink coffee (well mine wasn't coffee-based I suppose,) and eat, I still miss my usual adventures. Oh well, I better have one, two....MORE of those soon!! :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment