Monday, June 7, 2010

The Prince of the Fishbowl Iced Tea: The Legend....Eats!!




- June 7, 2010, Monday

- Marnie, Nicollette, Thea and I planned to go out today as a random thing before school starts next week (or Wednesday for Thea.) I was excited to go out today because we were scheduled to watch The Prince of Persia startting Jake Gyllenhaal (according to one of Jake's interviews, his surname is read as yi-len-HU-la-hei....it's Swedish I suppose.)

- Before going to Robinson's Place, Nico and I stopped by at the Instituto Cervantes de Manila; I had to drop off some stuff. Well, I got to see Ito ad TJ's new hairstyles. I must say, they look better with their new hair.

- Nico and I walked towards RP after, directions courtesy of Kuya Allan the Instituto guard. We met Marnie and Thea in RP, and bought movie tickets before eating lunch.

- We ate at Jack's Loft during lunch. Nicollette treated us for some weird reason. Well, the food in Jack's Loft wasn't all that special, but I think we should have invested in the desserts more than the main courses themselves (if we had more time, more money, and more stomach space. Haha!!) Another thing that caught my attention was the fishbowl iced tea we ended up ordering. The big-glassed iced tea was good enough for two to three people, and it's worth around 120 pesos, more or less. The iced tea was just plain lemon iced tea....just placed in an enlarged container.

- We walked towards to theater soon after our tummies settled. Still, we couldn't buy popcorn and such because our tummies were still full.

- Despite more or less good reviews from people, the Prince of Persia bored me. Sure, their costumes, set, effects were indeed awesome, multicultural, and almost authentic, but the story itself was just a series of Deus ex machinas, and a whole lot of flashy fighting scenes that almost didn't make any sense at all. Still, it was a million times more worth-watching than Ashton Kutcher's Killers. :| :| :| :|

- We walked around RP after the movie, and even visited Da Mul Korean Grocery across the mall. I didn't find anything new there, but I bought a fish-shaped ice cream cone (therefore it's not a cone anymore,) and the ice cream plus the red-bean filling were inside. I must say, it was yummy. Who knew red beans complemented vanilla ice cream nicely. Hehe.

- We were a bit bored after walking around looking for nothing, so we decided to go home. In the train, we saw Glenn, an old friend I haven't seen in ages. Along the way home, I also saw the owner of Chef's Delight, a small restaurant that used to be near my old school. No one knows (or at least no one I know) why it closed down, but it did. I was surprised that she remembered me. After all, I was one of her "loyal customers." Hahahaha. We had a little chat, and it made me realize how much time had flown by through the years. I think I last saw her last 2006?? Oh well. It was nice seeing her again. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment