Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ateneo Day?? : Greenhills, Glorietta, Gilbert.




- October 22, 2011, Saturday.

- My other Atenean companions to Korea (yes, including Sir Sev,) organized another reunion for this evening. Since Sir Sev wanted to eat at Kaya Restaurant - how appropriate - we all chose a more commuter-friendly branch for Ceej and me. We were all set to eat at Kaya Restaurant Glorietta this evening at 6:30pm.

- Coincidentally, today was also my last day of my bloody UP semester, and I wanted to celebrate by having a me-moment in Greenhills; I've been itching to visit Greenhills since a few weeks ago. I also came to know last night that my Stephenian friend Audrey, and Atenean friend Rap will be somewhere in Greenhills around the time that I'd be there, so I really hoped to bump into them during my "rounds" in Greenhills.

- I arrived at Greenhills at around 2:45pm, and looked for nice (and more importantly, AFFORDABLE) clothes in Shoppesville. I was able to find a nice shirt, but really had a difficult time looking for a sophisticated and plain cardigan. (Yack, fashionista. :|:|:|:|)

- A part of me also died when I found out that my favorite boutique in Theater Mall was also closed down. It was the store where I bought my "SHINEe shirt," my "bubblegum Indian shirt" (I wore it this morning to school, coincidentally - foreshadowing??,) my plain white Chinese-collared polo, among others.

- Another reason why I wanted to visit Greenhills badly, was because I wanted to try out Happy Lemon's green tea rock salt with cheese. I ended up buying one order of that, and an order of Mocha Cocoa. I guess the store's name was appropriate since I was literally smiling while sipping my drinks, and was "high" even after finishing my drinks. The green tea had a peculiar flavor for a tea, since it was a "salty" drink, not like the usual sweet drinks. I wasn't fond of cheese being used as an ingredient for drinks, but this drink was an exception. My Mocha Cocoa on the other hand wasn't all-too-special, although I enjoyed it too.

- While sipping my Mocha Cocoa drink on the way back to Shoppesville, I read Rap's message that he was done with his badminton session with his high school friends, and was walking about the mall. I looked up after reading the text, and LO AND BEHOLD, Rap and his friends were walking towards me. I said my long hellos to Rap, and another friend Mikko, and hostaged them for a little while after Mikko told me that EJ, another high school classmate (who also happened to by my coursemate,) was in Greenhills. I called EJ, and found out that he, together with other coursemates, already left Greenhills hours before. Too bad.

- Rap and his friends were going to Savory Chicken to have a late lunch (I think??) and I told him to order Savory's chicken. YAY.

- I walked around Shoppesville for a last round, and was able to buy a Filipiniana-ish necklace. (It also matched my Thai-imported-but-oh-so-affordable shirt; I didn't wear it though. Haha.)

- I also saw former schoolmates Joe and Didi. Lol at Greenhills being Ateneo-infested.

- I left Greenhills at around 5:20, and rode the train to Ayala, and met my companions at Kaya. Lexie and Ceej came first, then me, then the couple Guada and Mel. Sir Sev came last.

- All seven of us had a great Korean dinner. It was also inevitable to compare Kaya's food with the much more authentic Korean food in Korea (obviously.) Guada even joked about demanding for silver Korean spoons and flat chopsticks for us.

- We stayed in the restaurant for around two hours, after a lot of rice, meat, and laughter. Sir Sev advised me to teach for a living, which might be a sign that I should teach. I don't know. :|:|:|:|

- We all went home at around 8:30, and gladly I was still able to catch the train home. My legs are still tired, since I had been walking around Greenhills the whole afternoon, only sitting for a minute outside Happy Lemon to take pictures of my green tea rock salt with cheese. Sitting for two hours in Kaya exercised my lungs from all that laughter (and my tummy.....) and the MRT crowd exercised my patience. (HARHAR.) I wasn't able to meet Audrey though. Still, yay for a good adventure day, and hopefully, life will be better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment