Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blue And Orange: Ateneo And CKSC




- October 27, 2011, Thursday.

- My tiring and cultural diwali yesterday did not stop me from going out today. Even if I were really tired, I still needed to visit Ateneo to talk to one of the professors in the Comm Dept for hopefully a job fit for me. Since my friend Kevin wanted to hang out with me, and since he was also in school that day, we met up at the chemistry building after my interview, and waited for Kevin to finish his chemistry thingie.

- It took Kevin quite some time to finish his work, so I camwhored inside the cool mad-scientist-like laboratory, and tried very hard not to touch and play around with the possibly-dangerous things there.

- Kevin was about to tell us to go have lunch when he realized that the small, bottle-cap-like mettalic sample was missing. We spent around 10 minutes looking for the small metallic cylinder; Kevin found it at the other laboratory where he got his lab apron.

- Kevin and I walked to the new building across Ateneo that had all these new restaurants, and a Fully Booked branch. I decided to eat at Bon Chon, since I've been hearing people fussing over the food there.

- Bon Chon is a modern Korean fastfood chain, boasting their fried chicken. Personally, I think it's a higher-end and Koreanized KFC. I ordered a spicy chicken-with-rice meal, a solo order of garlic chicken wings for Kevin and me to share, and three bottles of Mogu Mogu (coconut, lychee, and grape.) Kevin on the other hand ordered a fish-with-rice meal.

- I passed by Fully Booked after lunch and saw my friend Patty, and rushed to CKSC and visited some people. Not long after, I hopped to Ersao to have a second lunch with Clarisse and Marga.

- My second lunch with Clarisse and Marga was, as always, a ton of laughs. The inevitable anecdotes from yesterday and high-pitched Bollywood madness also encouraged rich chuckles. These are just some of the ways that we try to cope up with the oh-so-beginning-to-be-complicated-life. Oh, Clarisse also let us taste her Halloween chocolate-mousse thing (forgot how it's called,) but it was very yummy. The mint-chocolate biscuit that served as the "tombstone" also added a nice touch both to the presentation, and the taste.

- We all left Ersao at around 2:40pm, since Marga and Clarisse had other appointments to attend to. I on the other hand, had an appointment with the current adviser of MASCKS to discuss some matters for the theater group. After talking to her, I hung out in the music room until the dismissal bell rang.

- The last agenda of my afternoon was the intersection basketball game of my friends from IV-1. I was eager to watch them since I wasn't able to catch their first game last week. Well, our side lost in the end, but I think our players really played well. Henry was also one of the highlights of the game, because he, although not that "athletic," had really good attempts of shooting the ball. Oh well. :D:D:D:D

- After arriving home at quarter to six, I realized that wearing a blue-orange (and white-black) combination was appropriate for today. All colors represented both my college and high school alma maters. Haha. Well, I like looking like a ball of sunshine, to literally (and forcefully) brighten up someone's day. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment