Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh Drag Me Again: Makati with Genevieve




- October 24, 2011, Monday.

- My friend Genevieve asked me today if I wanted to go with her to Makati for some errands. Since I had nothing better to do with my life, and I wished to go out again today. Ironically, I hesitantly agreed at first, because Genevieve wanted me to go with her the moment she messaged me. What made me decide to finally go was when she told me that we'd try out the Philippine National Railway (PNR) to Makati.

- I met Genevieve in Tutuban at around 1:30pm, and initially decided to take a jeep there, since we missed the 1pm train. Since Genevieve badly needed to take the quickest way to Makati, we opted to ride the PNR train again. We brisk-walked towards the station in Tutuban, and was able to catch the train 5 minutes before departure.

- Catching the PNR train will always be difficult since trains arrive an hour after the last one. Still, I think it's cool that the government was able to upgrade the PNR trains, and develop some new routes. Plus, the trip from Tutuban to Buendia was only 10php per person.

- After getting off at the Buendia station, we walked to Cityland, the building behind RCBC Plaza; Genevieve had an appointment for an underarm whitening session. Gladly, the salon was still able to accommodate Genevieve despite her hour-long tardiness. I on the other hand, ate a "small" meal in the neighboring Country Style, and walked around travel agencies, collecting brochures, and inquiring about some details. No, I am not going to travel any time soon, and yes, I wish I were going to travel.

- Genevieve finished around 30 minutes later, and both of us walked to Greenbelt for Genevieve's second errand. Since Makati was obviously a place with nice buildings, Genevieve, and architect major, went nuts again. We stopped walking every 5 steps, just because Genevieve wanted to measure something, comment/critique on certain structures, and other architectural stuff. Well, at least she didn't take my camera in the middle of the street just like our Escolta visit a month ago. Well, it's fun seeing Genevieve do that (again, as long as she doesn't bring my camera in the middle of the street,) and it's great that I learn some things from her about architecture and city development.

- We finally reached Greenbelt, and Genevieve dragged me to the Globe Center. I think it had something to do with her load. While waiting for Genevieve to finish her transaction, I had a quiet time with myself and the thick, magazine-like travel brochures I got.

- Both of us walked to Glorietta afterwards, and looked for a place to eat. We saw Ivan Dorschner, the PBB celebrity, and he was whiter than my baby bottom. (Forget I said that. - And now you can't. HAHA.)

- We finally decided to eat at the newly-renovated Food Court, since we had many options to choose from. Genevieve had a Japanese meal, while I was happy with my fresh buko salad from the buko place there. (I badly wanted to eat something from the New Bombay stall, but I was still a bit full from my "small meal" at Country Style.)

- Genevieve wanted to have yogurt afterwards, so I accompanied her to White Hat for a "yogurt treatment." No, I didn't buy myself an order, even if I wanted to have myself some yogurt too. Haha. (I was full anyway.)

- We were both set to go home at around 6:30, after passing through a few sales, and was luckily able to get into the first MRT that arrived after we came to the platform. Yes, for non-commuters, the MRT is hell during rush hour.

- Yey once more for an adventure, and I hope my friends and I will be able to try the PNR train to Bicol soon. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment