Friday, January 20, 2012

"Casual Fridays" - Chinese Style: The Red, The Fans, The Mandarin Hat




- January 20, 2012, Friday.

- The Chinese New Year is coming up, and my alma mater decided to have a school-wide casual Friday today. Students were asked to wear something red, or something Chinese (or both.) Since I would be visiting today to teach the theater group I love ever so much, I played along with the gimmick and wore my Chinese attire to work, and to my alma mater. I normally wear my Chinese attire during Chinese New Year (as well as the Mid-Autumn Festival,) and so I thought the timing was appropriate too.

- I decided to wear a red tangzhuang as my top, my blue-and-gold and dragon-embroidered pants as my bottom, both of which matched my red-and-white mandarin hat. I adorned myself by wearing a golden pipa necklace that used to be a keychain. I also brought my two Chinese fans just for the sake of adding more culture and color to my attire. Haha.

- Today's agenda was just as the usual, directing here and there, being a conductor and mentor here and there. Today wasn't exactly the best day at work, but I'm glad my late-afternoon theater somehow made my day better.

- After the practice, a few of us with Ms. Nica Isip, their adviser, rested for a while and chatted about random things. If I hadn't checked the time, we wouldn't have realized that we stayed until almost 7:30. Well, that was a well-deserved rest after a really productive and cultural afternoon. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment