Monday, January 2, 2012

Super Fail Junior: The Shooting That Never Was, And The Food Consolation After.




- January 2, 2011, Monday.

- First of all, happy new year!! Yay!!

- My new year did not go pretty well, since I had a tummy-ache and slight fever yesterday. I'm well today, but decided to rest, so I can fully recover. Since I didn't really want to go out, I decided to continue my youtube Arabic lessons.

- Early this afternoon, my friend Melissa kept on telling me about Super Junior's (Suju) Kyuhyun, Siwon, and Eunhyuk shoot around Manila, and wanted to check them out. The three Suju members were at Eastwood this morning, and at SM Mall of Asia this early afternoon. Even though MOA was nearer to my house, I didn't want to travel all the way to Pasay just to see the shoot. I knew Suju, but am not a big fan; I am still a big SHINee fan until now (and I saw four out of five of them last 2009. Teehee.)

- I didn't want to go to MOA since I just got out of a fever, but Melissa "alerted" me when she got news that the three were on their way to Intramuros. Since Intramuros was quite near our area, compared to MOA and especially Eastwood, I agreed to go with her.

- I met Melissa moments later in Chinatown, and rode a jeep to Intramuros. We received word that the shoot will be at Casa Manila, and thanks to my handy-dandy map, like Dora, we were able to find our way around.

- Melissa and I caught some foreigners dancing for the commercial Suju were shooting, although everyone was obviously waiting for the three K-Pop idols to come out of the bus. The staff had a difficulty managing the big crowd, so much so that they had to get an ELF (Super Junior's official fan club) officer to "ask a favor" from everyone to move away, so the members could come down and shoot.

- Discipline is truly a problem in the country, and so while many from the crowd followed the orders, some "wild" fangirls allegedly "shocked" one of the Suju members, by attempting to grab him just as he was reaching for the door to open it. The three members ran back into the depths of the curtained bus, never to be seen again. Some fans from the other side of the bus were able to get better glimpses of Suju's members, since the members would occasionally peek and wave to the fans. Unfortunately, they never waved to our side, although I was able to catch a short short short short glimpse of Siwon's face. Melissa was luckier. She saw some of them longer. I really salute that girl's fangirl skills. :)) :)) :)) :))

- The crew decided to pack up, and the last time, they were serious, which of course disappointed everyone. Melissa and I were surprised to find our kindergarten teachers there (Ms. Chan and Zhang Lao Shi.) Our teachers were both kind enough to give us a lift back home, although I got of at Binondo together with Melissa, so both of us could have a late afternoon snack.

- Melissa and I saw our friend Thea in front of Shoppers' Mart, and "kidnapped" her. We asked to join us, since she was just killing time while waiting for her dad to get off work.

- The three of us had a nice meal at Mr. Ube, while talking about the failures of the shoot, and the inevitable random high school memories. Oh the days of youth and calligraphy.

- Melissa and I might not have seen Super Junior (ok maybe she did,) but at least we got to bond together again. Thea was the cherry on top of this afternoon, a cherry so thin, Melissa wanted to donate some fats to her. As for me, well, it was a good attempt, but yeah, I'm still pretty much a SHINee boy (sour grapes will be sour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment