Saturday, January 14, 2012

Plans and Changes of Plans: Friendship Saturday Whaddup.




- January 14, 2012, Saturday.

- My Saturday has been the usually-theater-loaded Saturdays I've had these days. It was great to have adapted to the sudden changes to the play, and the musicians were alert and cooperative too. I'm proud of them since they were able to understand the new piece after a few runs. The actors have improved a lot too, which gave us big sighs of relief. The singers, after hearing the song a few times, were also able to sing well.

- We had lunch at McDonald's soon, and had a nice time bonding with each other, even if we were a bit cramped into one small area at the back of McDonald's. We promptly went back to school at around 1pm, and continued with rehearsals.

- The other set of musicians arrived in the afternoon, and they were also quick to understand the new piece. Aside from this, and training another actor, the afternoon had been pretty laid back.

- After rehearsals, I was told that my friends Leanne and Cristina were at the kitchen with the other girl scouts, and so I decided to visit them. I discovered later on that they were preparing international dishes for some sort of mini-cook-off. They offered me to be one of the judges.

- I guess I was too harsh with some of the scouts, since I asked them some questions after each representative explained her group's dish. I didn't expect them to know the answer to my questions; I just wanted them to guess, and I'd reveal the answer at once anyway. Oh well, at least they seemed to have enjoyed "entertaining" us with their food.

- Tasting the food was the part of the afternoon, some were more authentic than others, but I could say that they really did a great job - to think none of them are "professional chefs."

- After the cook-off, Leanne, Tina, and I later went to 168 to look for some things I need to buy before having dinner with another friend. My friend texted me that she was sick, so I asked Tina and Leanne if they wanted to have dinner with me.

- We later proceeded to One Tea to buy my green tea milk tea, and proceeded to President for dinner. We ordered small dishes since we were half-full from the cook-off food.

- The three of us stayed there until 9pm, just talking and trying our best to finish out food. It was nice being semi-fancy too, since the three of us only meet once in a blue moon these days. I'm sad that I wasn't able to meet my other friend (get well soon please,) but at least I was able to spend more time with Tina and Leanne. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment