Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Voice, No Problem: All Day Theater Day




- January 7, 2012, Saturday.

- 2012 hasn't been kind to me so far, since I haven't had a single sick-free day since the year started. Today, my sneezing continued, as well as a case of repressed coughing. Instead of resting, I still opted to go to MASCKS today to teach.

- I met everyone in front of the faculty after my 8-9am piano lesson, and began our session at 9:30 in the usual room. I continued dealing with the violinists and the flautist. Despite my repressed coughs and sneezing, I was fairly hyper for a "sick guy." I also handled some people in acting. One of my violinists' sister, Kristine's little sister,
visited us. She's one of the most adorable things on Earth. The little second grader seated quietly at the back while we were a bit busy, and later gave me two plastic balloons she made. I was never great at handling fragile plastic balloons, and so I popped both of them by accident. :|:|:|:|

- We ended out session at 12:30 roughly, had a long long long long lunch at Eat Fresh with Ms. Isip and some of the members, and went back to school to do the MASCKS bulletin board.

- I never liked making bulletin boards since forever, and might have had rare moments of enthusiasm in making them when I was a lot younger. Today was one of those relived rare moments; I felt young helping them with the bulletin board design. I never liked handling glitter too, a main material in our planned bulletin board design, but I strangely found it fun to sprinkle glitter today.

- I lost my voice in the afternoon, but still kept on talking. I really can't live without talking, especially around people dear to me. I did find myself feeling a whole lot tired afterwards though.

Epilogue: As I was walking home, voiceless, from CKSC, I saw my friend-and-neighbor, Bless, in Shakey's. I stopped by to say hi and chat a little, this time heavily using actions and sign language, and whispering minimally.

- I lost my voice today, but I have gained a lot, and accomplished a lot. Meeting Bless was even a bonus. I'm resting my voice now, and since I communicate with people via online chat, well, it's won' be difficult to say more words. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment