Thursday, September 27, 2012

Iranian Wallflowers And The Most Uncomfortable Shoes


- September 27, 2012, Thursday.

- Marge, Grace, and I planned to meet today, so we could celebrate my 2-days late birthday. Marga chose to eat at Robinson's Arya, as an alternative to our usual meals at Korean restaurants.

- Marga and I met Grace at Arya after purchasing a pack of band-aids to cushion (and aid) my suffering feet from the most uncomfortable shoes. I bought the shoes last year in Jaipur, India, and haven't worn them since then. I figured it'd be a good opportunity to wear them now, since I wouldn't be walking too much or too fast, and the shoes did fit in the Iranian theme of the restaurant. Still, my feet suffered.

- We had a feast. We had beef koobileh, murgh tanoori, vegetable curry, and a bread-and-dip platter. On top of that, I was also able to take a picture with one of the staff wearing a traditional Iranian costume.

-  We decided to watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower after having dessert. I felt the movie was depressing, not because I didn't like it (I liked it, I really did,) but it just made me feel depressed and sad, or made me feel sorry for the characters in the movie. It also reminded me of the British series, Skins, although Skins left me a sort of happy vibe after watching the series.

- We did some errands after the movie, and sat down at Mary Grace to have a really really light snack, and rode all the way home. Today, I was more than thankful that Grace let me ride with her (and Marga) home. My feet were killing me, but despite this, I had a nice afternoon with both of them.










No comments:

Post a Comment