Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oculars: Visit, See, Meet, Watch




- September 8, 2012, Saturday.

- As another free Saturday, I wanted to roam free once again. I had been itching lately to go on antique-store hopping to look for Filipino ethnic wear, just in case I'd be able to purchase a nicely-priced piece. I initially planned on scouting the whole Mabini Street right after lunch, but a bit of laziness kicked in, especially since I'd also be meeting friends for dinner at Lucky Chinatown Mall right after.

- Instead on going to Mabini, I planned to do things step-by-step, and decided to go to nearer Intramuros, and take my time to explore the place, and if got lucky, I might even find myself a handsome ethnic piece.

- I first went to Silahis, an antique store in Intramuros, and remembered why I didn't buy anything there: the price. Since there were also only a few pieces of ethnic clothing, the lady in the store directed me to the second and third levels I never knew Silahis had. The second level was also an antique store, with pieces not only from the Philippines, but from nearby countries as well. Tradewinds Bookstore was also in the second level. The third level was an art gallery (mostly paintings on canvasses.)

- I later visited The Papier Tole Shop, and as always, it was filled with wonderful gift items that I would've wanted to take home, but didn't really need anyway. The shop was right outside the San Agustin Church, where a military wedding was held. The bridal car was a handsome white limousine.

- My last itinerary on my antique-store hopping was the Mananzan Handicraft store near Fort Santiago, and as expected, I wasn't able to buy anything.

- I passed by the old said-to-be-haunted Aduana after a short snack at Ministop, and walked all the way to Chinatown, then to Lucky Chinatown Mall.

- I was able to encounter my elementary classmates Giselle and Janine, with their moms, on separate occasions. I met Giselle and her mom at Dunkin Donuts, on my way to meet my dinner friends, but Giselle's mom was eager to catch up with me (and my with her, and Giselle,) so she treated me coffee. Haha. (Thanks auntie!!) I met Janine and her mom outside a store.

- I later met Charmaine, and went around the mall a bit before meeting Danica at Sumosam. Eric followed shortly. Too bad Samuel wasn't able to come.

- We had a hard time finishing out dinner since, as the name of the restaurant implies, the dishes were in large servings.

- Danica planned to watch a movie, and decided to watch "The Watch," starring Ben Stiller. I planned on treating the guys to cake, but since they/we were still full, they just wanted mochi ice cream. They were surprised that I treated them, but I said my birthday is coming up, so it was my little treat to them.

- "The Watch" was a bizarre comedy-suspense alien film. I felt the suspense more, since it was already quite late in the night, the last show I think, and I really have a big imagination - the same reason why I couldn't sleep after watching even the lamest horror film when I was little. The comedy of the film helped a bit in easing the discomfort of watching a suspense film at night. (Still wondering how I managed to go through a semester of Horror Film class in college, and made it out alive.)

- Danica offered to give Charmaine and me a life home, while Eric trod home, and me telling him to not get eaten by aliens. It was an interesting Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment