Saturday, September 15, 2012

Manila International Book Fair 2012: Deja Vu









- September 15, 2012, Saturday.

- I had been looking forward to today, since I wanted to attend the Manila International Book Fair at SMX. This morning's weather was terrible, and I feared that I might not be able to attend my morning class and perhaps, the book fair, if the sky didn't clear up. Fortunately, my class pushed through, and I was even able to win a free pass (oh the coincidence) to the book fair because of a game we played in class.

- I immediately went to the book fair after eating lunch at home, and went around to look for books. Alas, I realized that this year's book fair was more or less the same as last year's, and worse, the arrangement of the booths seemed to be more confusing. I also felt dizzy after seeing and rubbing elbows with too many people. As much as I would have wanted to hang out with my friend Tiffany, whom I met up with in the book fair, I told her that I needed to go outside. Tiffany and her boyfriend were waiting to get their books signed by Ramon Bautista.

- As for me, I was able to get a few small free books from a certain Buddhist book stall. I wasn't able to buy anything, in short.

- I went to MOA to stroll around, since there was a mall-wide sale. Despite the number of people, the big space of the mall made it easier for me to walk and breathe. After several centuries and seven mountains and oceans, I was able to stumble upon a pair of orange corduroy pants in Uniqlo, and quite reasonably-priced too.

- I went home after having a small meal at El Pollo Loco. Despite the torrential weather, and the almost-fainting dizziness, and more or less walking around cold and alone,I was able to have small victories for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment