Friday, December 30, 2011

The Christmas of Forbidden Questions: Keeping It Casual, Keeping It Real.




- December 29, 2011, Thursday.

- My high school classmate Dwight once again opened his house for our classroom reunion venue. This was the third time that he did, and the only way to thank Dwight for this was for us to help with the food and drinks. Nellie and I were in the beverage committee, non-alcoholic sector.

- Nellie and I arrived at the venue at 7pm, and were welcomed by Dwight, Kim Carmela, and Mark. Not long after, Ian arrived as well; this was the first reunion he ever attended. Hurray for you!!

- I bought my agal, taqiyah (songkok,) and keffiyeh (shemagh) with me, since Mark wanted to know the feeling of wearing them as a combo. I think....he enjoyed wearing them (??.)

- More people soon arrived, and we started to eat. To us who were present in one or both of the previous Christmas reunions, we were presently surprised to see a remodeled/renovated-and-roofed roof deck.

- Nellie went through the CDs available, and chose one with a nice playlist. At least that set a party-but-not-too-wild-party mood for the whole night.

- Just before the main highlight of the night, I amused myself again by playing with Nellie's hair, something I did quite a lot during high school. Because I had several props with me, I was able to do other-worldly looks to Nellie.

- Ian introduced a game to us, which name I had forgotten. Here's the mechanics:

a. A person starts the game by asking another person an opinion question involving the participants. (Ex. "If you were stuck in a deserted island [with any one of the participants], who would you choose?" The question should be asked in secret.

b. The second person goes to the person chosen as the answer, with no explanations, and asks another random question in secret.

c. If the other participants are interested in knowing what the question was, one of the participants should drink a tiny sip of whatever. After one sacrificial person drinks, the question will be revealed. (In this case, before Person 2 asks another person, one should take a sip, and Person 1's question to Person 2 will be revealed.) This of course makes things interesting.

d. The game can go on and on. (We ended the game with the last person answering the question, but not asking a question anymore to the person-of-choice.)

- Ian didn't expect that the questions asked by all of us would be rather....controversial, although not taken personally. Still, I find some of the answers agreeable to some of the questions. Ian jokingly asked us to stop the game and move on, before things may get a little out of hand, but everyone was a good sport I think.

- The game ended around 11pm, and we were all back to chatting, as some people prepared to leave. Other people chose to remain and maybe drink the night away. I was a bit concerned with Dwight since he partially lost his voice (from talking the whole morning, he claimed,) although he was coughing a little bit. I told Dwight to rest.

- At 11:45, I hitched a ride home with Bernadette, together with some others. I arrived home quite earlier, I think, than last year's reunion. I felt happy that this year's reunion seemed better than I expected, and it was more casual and relaxed than last year's reunion. We were only 17 this year, the least of all three reunions so far, and I think people would agree with me that it would've been merrier with more people around. Still, it was nice seeing everyone again. :D:D:D:D To more reunions. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment