Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bob Becomes Ben: Coffee And Burgers




- December 20, 2011, Tuesday.

- After a rather tiring afternoon of errands and shopping with my mom, I rushed to Starbucks to meet my friend Audrey, and supposedly another friend who didn't show up. I bought along a box of pizza with me since I was really craving for pizza recently.

- I arrived at Starbucks at 5:30, and had an iced "hot" chocolate. I told the barista that my name was "Bob" - just because I felt like a "Bob" that time.

- I had a nice light chat with Audrey the whole late afternoon. Part of what made it interesting was talking about an unusually-aura-ed group of people seated behind us. (They didn't seem to come from around the area, and according to Audrey, they had this "filmmaker" aura.)

- My friend Clarisse texted me that I needed to hurry up, since I'd be meeting her, and our post-birthday-girl Margarette for a dinner out. I gave Audrey the last 5 slices of my large pizza (I bought it for us to share, until she told me she was allergic to flour, among all the other things she's allergic to.)

- I dashed off to ride a jeep to Clarisse' store, and changed my shirt to a sort-of-Ben-10-ish long-sleeved black-and-white shirt. Not long after, Clarisse and I rode off to Cajun in what-was-formerly-known-as-Retiro (Amoranto Street.)

- Margarette arrived minutes later, and ordered typical American food to eat, which I think was unlikely for us to do; we're used to being served other....uhm, non-American dishes. It's nice to go back to the "stereotypical American" dishes though. Marga and I had a burger each, and Clarisse had spaghetti and (little cute) meatballs.

- As always, I had my sudden hyper attacks, and wiggled and jiggled as we ate and talked. Clarisse was always the reserved and calm one, while Marga was the "gigil" one (as "gigil" has no direct English translation.) I just hope the restaurant crew didn't see us doing our, um, thing. Haha. I also think my green iced tea matched my "Ben 10" theme. Haha.

- Our brief get together ended at around 10pm, and Marga was kind enough to drive us back home. It wasn't long before we arrived in our familiar area, thanks to handy shortcuts Marga knew. At least the traffic, despite being a big hassle, gave Marga and me more time to talk inside her car. Teehee.

- I am so round I can roll on the floor involuntarily.

6 comments: