Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Rehearsal Chaos 2: Strings and Bows Will Break Your Bones




- December 19, 2011, Monday.

- For the past few days/weeks, I had been keeping in touch with the musicians for this year's production. I arranged for us to have an initial rehearsal today, so the musicians would be able to practice by themselves during the Christmas break.

- My pianist, flautist, 5 (out ouf 7) violinists, met each other this morning at school, together with me, and headed back home at around 9:20. Before starting our rehearsal, I let them introduce each other first, so they'd get to know each other. I introduced myself too (accompanied with a powerpoint presentation teehee,) since some of them have just met me for the first time.

- I taught them how to play their parts, and tried once in a while to join them together as an ensemble. Since it was the first day of rehearsals, obviously there were some parts gone wrong and what not, but it was honestly really really great for a first rehearsal. Too bad the other two violinists weren't able to come today. It would've been more fun. :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment