Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Mom, I'll Be Gone For A While....A LOOOOOOOOOOONG While:" Shopping And Dinner




- December 27, 2011, Tuesday.

- I invited my friend Riezeryl to go to Tutuban with me after lunch, since I wanted to go out again, as always. Riezeryl agreed to go with me, and told me to meet her at 1:30.

- Riezeryl later postponed our meeting to 2pm, a typical occurence when going out with Riezeryl, but I still met her at 1:30 at her house. At around 2pm, we went to Tutuban to look for her much-wanted-and-needed rain boots. Instead of finding rain boots for Riezeryl, I was able to find myself Chinese dance fans. Coincidentally, the store was co-owned by my former high school Chinese teacher. A bit awkward, but a nice encounter. I bought two lotus-petal-colored fans. Yay!!

- Riezeryl and I went the extra mile and tried to hunt for boots at the outside street bargain, to no avail, but surprisingly, we found our way to 168. Since we were already in 168, I showed Riezeryl the Thai store that sold some souvenirs and clothes from Thailand; Riezeryl has a growing interest in Thai cultures. I also showed her the Thai restaurant (Charya I think) at the food court, and urged her to try some Thai food. We had Pad Thai, Thai fried rice, some chicken satay, and a glass of Thai iced tea each. I think she enjoyed her first Thai food encounter (or at least she thought it was her first time.)

- We later tried our luck with the rain boots and an added item to Riezeryl's shopping list, a jacket, but again to no avail. We headed back home at around quarter to five.

- I spent the rest of the afternoon at Riezeryl's house, and soon-to-be house (coincidentally my former house, right across Riezeryl's current apartment unit.) I toured my old house again, slowly being renovated to be Riezeryl's family's new home in a few months. At their current unit, we watched Teen Spirit and A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song while munching on some cookies.

- My neighbor Charmaine dropped by later on since we'd be meeting another friend for dinner, and that Riezeryl insisted that Charmaine visit us/her, since she wanted to see Charmaine. Unfortunately, Charmaine and I had to leave less than 15 minutes after Charmaine arrived.

- Charmaine and I had to cross the street to meet our friend Samuel for dinner. Samuel invited me and Charmaine for dinner last night, and luckily, both of us were available. The three of us had dinner at Shakey's, and talked about all sorts of things. We all wanted dessert after our dinner, but since Shakey's ran out of ice cream (the key ingredient to all their desserts,) we had to leap to the nearest grocery to buy some ice cream.

- The three of us planned to hang out at our building's poolside area, but it was already closed. Instead, we had no choice but to hang out at the elevator-front chairs. It was a desperate move, but a fun one too, since we were able to catch our neighbor-and-friend Bless on the way home with her sister. Bless asked her sister to leave her with us, and so the four of us talked for several hours more, until it was quarter to midnight. I feel that we could've gone on and one if it were earlier, or if time didn't matter that much. Oh well, it was a great afternoon-to-evening. One of the semi-tiring-but-not-so-tiring-and-very-enjoyable days I've had this Christmas break. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment