Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Eye of the Chomper: Food Food Food




- December 22, 2011, Thursday.

- As always, I got bored today, and thought of inviting my friend Nellie for an afternoon out - especially after recalling that she was free from today onwards. (YEY.)

- My dad offered to drive Nellie and me to MOA, and passed by Nellie in Chinatown at 2:30pm. Heavy heavy traffic. Gah. We all arrived at MOA at around three, and my dad let Nellie and me go our own way, while he pondered about the deeper meaning of life elsewhere in the mall.

- Nellie and I first looked for gifts for this one-year-old kid's birthday party. We were later met by Sol, Nellie's special person, and after that was settled, we checked out the "MOA Eye," the newly-made ferris wheel overlooking the Manila Bay.

- A 10-minute ride at the MOA Eye was worth 150php. The ride moved so slowly that it was honestly the least-horrifying ferris-wheel ride I've had since forever; I am normally scared of ferris wheels because they make my tummy turn upside down. A nice view of the jolly and colorful bay-side could be seen, as well as the vast Manila Bay. I think the best time to ride the ferris wheel would be when the sunset is halfway through the horizon, and the bay-side restaurants and attractions/rides had just been well-lit. Oh yeah, I grabbed some ice cream on the way to the ferris wheel. Teehee.

- After the relaxing ride inside the giant wheel, we went to Cheesecake Cafe to grabe a slice of cheesecake each. I had a slice with fresh fruits on top of a basic cheesecake. Hmm, not the best cheesecake I've tasted, although not the worst I think.

- The three of us walked around for a while, looking at nice things, especially those in Muji. I never knew Muji was in MOA already until today. Yay for a closer branch. Hahahaha.

- In less than an hour, we were all set for dinner. We decided to eat at Lugang, because of its reputation outside the country. Many people seemed to be eager to try out the restaurant too, so we had to wait for around 10 minutes before we were able to grab a seat.

- We had kung pow chicken, Taiwanese stir-fried noodles, and an order of xiaolongbao. Although this had nothing to do with the quality of the food, I found it funny, interesting, and "appropriate" to the ambiance, after I saw the names of both our servers. Our first server was named Jade, and our second server was named Gold. I told Gold about this, and even asked if there were other servers with such "glittery" and "precious" names.

- The food wasn't exactly, hmm, different, although edible. I'm not sure if we should've ordered something else, just in case the other dishes were better. This being said, our dessert, a giant strawberry yogurt sherbet to share, made us feel better about our evening meal.

- I left Nellie and Sol to wander around after dinner, since I needed to meet my dad across the hallway, and get ready to go home. I'm happy with how the afternoon (to evening) went, although I could've done more with Nellie if we had only went to the mall earlier. Still, yay for the giant not-scary ferris wheel!! :D:D:D:D

4 comments:

  1. Php 150 per 10 minute ride. madami tao?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabi ng isang friend ko marami raw kanina, but kahapon di naman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, OK lang naman. Basta perfect time to ride it is when palubog na ang sun. Mejo early cloudy afternoon kami sumakay kaya not too impressive ang view. Pero ok lang naman.

    ReplyDelete