Monday, November 15, 2010

A Starter to Sem Break Part 2?? - Maybe, Maybe Not.




- November 15, 2010, Monday

- Because of my no-class Mondays, Grace being a graduate, and Marga not having classes in the afternoon, we all decided to watch Easy A today. As always, the plan was for me to go to DLSU, wait for Marga to finish her stuff, and wait for Mary Grace to fetch us with her car. However, the simple "plan" turned out to be a wild goose chase from McDonald's, to Kenny Rogers, to the many odd ends of the La Sallian territory, and meeting several people I know along the way (with matching La Sallian wonder and fake-rage of stepping on La Sallian soil.)

- We arrived at MOA around two in the afternoon, and immediately headed towards the cinema to buy our Easy A tickets. While we were walking the long walkway, a stall in the middle caught our eye. The stall that may be selling beauty products was manned by several foreigners, to our surprise. One specific salesman engaged us too much by telling us in a really "creepy" that he wanted to "show something." He was holding a box, and we didn't know what was in the box. Since we didn't want to be bothered by him, we were a bit in a hurry to get an earlier screening of the film, we just told him properly that we were not interested. The foreigner kept on insisting, and attempted to engage in small talk by asking what movie we were going to watch. He even followed us for several meters, which added to the creepiness; I do think he was being friendly though, but maybe he still wasn't too keen on the concept of "personal space." Since I was interested to know which country he came from (just in case I had the chance to practice one of the languages that I knew,) I simply asked where he came from. He said he came from Israel. (Drat. I don't speak Hebrew. Wanna learn Hebrew some day. Seriously. :|:|:|:| ) To sound a teeny weeny bit like an Israelite, I just said "shalom!" He greeted me back. Hahahaha. By the way, the stall's name is "Jericho." :D:D:D:D (Again, disclaimer: I am not being "racist" about all this, just in case someone reacts. I'm just saying that the salesperson was a bit too engaging, although the effort of being friendly and warm to his customers was seen and appreciated. He might just have shocked/ surprised us in the middle of walking towards the cinema and continued to talk nonstop. Israel is a beautiful and holy country home to one of the most beautiful people on Earth.)

- After buying tickets, we realized that we had around ten minutes before the theater would let people in. Great, just enough time for popcorn. Marga and Grace chose to buy a small bucket of plain popcorn. Since the plain popcorn didn't really taste like anything, Marga almost emptied the salt bottle halfway in order to "season" the popcorn. I told her that she and Grace might end up having kidney stones. Haha.

- I really wonder why there were a bit too many people in the mall for a weekday. Normally, the mall is "empty" during non-holiday weekdays. The cinema was also filled by a good number of people. Trust me, I really find this strange. Still, we all enjoyed Easy A. "Easy A" is a rom-com movie had a really light plot with highly amusing dialogue. I am also interested and "baffled" at the use of a highly-Catholic theme in the story, which is not really expected from the usual American film. A few plot twists also spiced up the rather "easy" movie.

- After the movie ended, we decided to roam around the mall and shop - well, at least they shopped. I did see a few interesting pieces while going around the mall. I saw an orange tee that I semi-liked with a pumpkin design at Topman, and a few "adventure" coats from the Surplus Shop. I even saw a yellow-and-black blet at oh-I-forgot-the-name-of-the-store, which really matched my bumblebee getup. Well, I didn't buy any of these since my mom doesn't like my spending a lot, and that I don't need new clothes anyway - I bought a few new clothes (with good bargains) during my birthday, so that settles that I guess.

- Walking in a big (**cough** ENORMOUS **cough**) is such a chore after several rounds, even if you're with people you like to hang out with. Of course, for those who know me, I was the first to suggest "eating" after every store that we went into.

- I don't know why Marga suggested eating at Sbarro, but she did, and we all wound up in Sbarro. I like Sbarro because of their variety of pan and deep-dish pizzas, not to mention the variety of pasta dishes and side-orders that can be matched with the pasta dishes. Maybe the dishes can be a bit pricey, but the serving is definitely American-sized.

- As always and forever, we rode home after a long mall trip while listening to K-Pop via Marga's or Grace's iPod. Grace and I squealed upon hearing SHINee sing, and Marga and Grace squealed upon hearing a Super Junior song. For some unknown reason, Grace's driving was a bit off today, and we all acknowledged that. We had a bumps, and might have hit a few humps, but it added a little thrill to the car ride (and at least those were small bumps and humps....I also run out of "-ump" words that would fit well here. Sorry. HAHA.)

- By the way, I named this entry as a "second part" of my "sem break," since I would be having a roughly 10-day vacation this week, just after classes had started last week. had two weekdays off, and all the other days were hit by school and national holidays. I only need to go to class on Thursday, where almost half of my classes on that day are either affected by the academic event, or the nice prof gave a free cut. (The classes left are fun and nice classes too. Yay!!)

- Another thing, thank you Multiply for fixing yourself after almost 24 hours. I feared you wouldn't resurrect. :|:|:|:|



Small talk of the day:

(Marga trying on flip-flops in the department store.)

Marga: Mukha bang mataba paa ko?? (Do these sandals make my feet look fat??)

Mary Grace: Marga, mataba na talaga paa mo. (Marga, you had fat feet to begin with.)

(HAHAHAHA.)

2 comments:

  1. the pumpkin shirt is very weird. i'm glad you didn't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kinda weird, but I like it kasi pumpkin siya. Hahahaha. Mejo awkward din yung fit kasi I tried on a shirt that's a size larger than my usual size. But still. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete