Friday, November 19, 2010

The Magical Free Tickets To Harry Potter 7 And The Mystical Flavors Of Gelato




- November 19, 2010, Friday

- My neighbor was able to win three tickets to Harry Potter 7 from her org in school. Sure, I did tell her that "I was available" if she wanted to give me one of the three tickets, but I never knew that she'd really give me one of the tickets. Charmaine invited me last night if I wanted to go to Trinoma with her and her sister today to watch HP7. Although I'm not really a big HP fan (I'm only a neutral consumer of HP movies,) I still said yes.

- Today, while riding the train, Charmaine suddenly remembered that she had forgotten to bring the tickets with her. She dashed back to Recto while Cheryl and I went ahead to Trinoma to meet Charmain's sticker supplier for her thesis equivalent's product.

- Charmaine was able to catch up pretty quickly, and we still made it to the 12:10 showing of the movie without sweat. We didn't bother to buy popcorn since we were going to have a notoriously late lunch after the movie.

- Harry Potter 7, for me, was a big cliffhanger, for obvious reasons (the other 50% of the movie will be showing next year.) I somehow appreciated the build up of the cumulation of the Harry Potter series, aside from the "coupling" phenomena of the certain characters. There weren't too many battle scenes too, to my relief. (I hate battle scenes, especially those that are not well-shot.)

- After watching Harry Potter, we had a small feast at Cyma. I'm not sure if it was Cheryl's first encounter with Greek food, or Cyma, but we did "surprise" her with Cyma's well-known "Oppa!!" ritual for dishes that are flambed in front of the customers. Cheryl was also surprised at the large serving of Cyma. (Again, Cyma's "single" salad can serve two to three, or even four people.)

- The three of us checked out Gelatissimo after lunch since the free tickets came with a buy-one-take-one promo in Gelatissimo. We just checked out the flavors because we were still full. The person behind the counter offered to let us taste all the gelato. Of course, I chose to taste the more unusual/not common flavors first (eg. Guava, Green Apple, etc.) I found out that Gelatissimo's each gelato do not make its flavor (too) artificial.

- Having an idea of which flavors to pick when we return there, we chose to walk around for a bit. We were able to taste Royce's chocolates, and I was able to buy a nice white jacket with musical notes and symbols printed all over it (cool right??) And as they say, or if no one else says, then it would just be me, Ateneans are never safe in Trinoma - aside from Gateway. We all saw random Ateneans scattered across the mall, and it felt like we weren in school instead of the mall.

- We returned to Gelatissimo after a short stroll, and finally ordered our own (buy-one-take-one) gelatto. I had rum-and-raisin, raspberry, and passionfruit. Interestingly, after the three flavors "married" inside my cup, the mixture had an "Indian sweet" aftertaste. I still can't decipher which Indian sweet it is though. I'm guessing it has something to do with anything containing rose syrup.

- We all went home after the really nice gelato dessert/merienda. I am very glad that I can now FINALLY rest my legs. They're still a bit sore from the David Archuleta concert the other day. Well, a fan's got to do what a fan's got to do.

7 comments:

  1. yayyyyy :D fun food trip/movie day~! haha! also, first adventure with cheryl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. saya ninyo ah! hahaha. kakainggit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gelatissimo and Cyma in one day! HAHAH WOW! Dream meal ko iyan! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have your moment, Chosen One!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA. You should've gone sana. Hahahaha. Sayanggggg. But we can do it all over again naman. HAHA. We'll order the big 32-mini-scoop-glass next time. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete