Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Going to MOA was Megamind's Idea." - Bless and Gil




- November 6, 2010, Saturday

- Bless and I were obviously discontented with last night's short adventure with the gang. Since most of the gang were not available today, Bless and I decided to go to MOA to watch a movie after my orientation in Ahead Reveiw Center.

- We arrived at MOA around noon, and bought tickets to the 3:45 screening of Megamind 3D before eating lunch at Sakae Sushi. Sure enough, we availed the sushi buffet, since we wanted to eat out hearts out in celebration of a very-well spent semestral break.

- While almost giving up on eating and paying the bill, we went around MOA to settle our tummies before going to the cinema and availing our free popcorn. As we almost rolled around the mall, we came across really neat winter clothing that obviously didn't suit the country's climate. I also got a chance to try on a pair of Uggs that actually fit my large fat feet. Of course I didn't buy the pair of Uggs since my parents will kill me if I did, and I wouldn't really use them anyway in this tropical country of smiles.

- We arrived at the cinema around 3-ish, got our popcorn buckets, and proceeded to the theater. As we were expecting the usual credits to roll, we were surprised by two cinema staff who held their microphones, and welcomed us guests to the cinema. Instead of playing trailers of upcoming movies, we played two rounds of Winema (Wii + cinema.) All of us were tasked to raise our arms, and move them side to side, depending on the game. The first game we played was to move a lever from side to side to prevent "Chuckie" (yes, the cow on Nestle's Chuckie) from falling. The second game was to move Chuckie walk from left to right so he could catch the falling Nestle Chocolait tetra packs from the sky. Hahahaha. Funny.

- After the epic winema thing, the screen immediately played the movie. Megamind, for me, was a movie of cliches, although the witty nuances in the movie, from the animation to some punchlines, amused me. I was able to predict a lot of the lines and maybe the ending, but the movie did touch my heart in a way. It allowed the viewers to realize that "sticking to the status quo" will not always be the best thing to do (take that High School Musical!!) Hahahaha.

- We went home immediately after watching the movie, as the sun has just set. Although there were only two of us today, we did a lot of reminiscing from high school until now, and felt very thankful that things happened the way the did - at least most things. Again, I am hoping for having more exciting years to come, and that careers and big titles attached to surnames will not hinder us from hanging out, chilling, and having fun. :D:D:D:D

2 comments: