Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fat Afternoon: Who Can Resist Unlimited Dimsum??




- November 3, 2010, Wednesday

- My friend Genevieve, aka Bebang, and I planned a dimsum afternoon yesterday. Since she wasn't available yesterday, we hoped that we'd be able to have one today. Bebang told me about Golden Fortune's unlimited dimsum + shabu-shabu, which I didn't believe at first, since I've never heard of such promo from Golden Fortune. I called all branches to verify, and they told me that they only had the discounted dimsum and shabu-shabu that some of my friends and I have feasted on before.

- Bebang told me that the she saw the poster about the promo at the new Golden Fortune branch in Pacific Centre, the newly-opened mini-mini-mall in Quintin Paredes. Since I was curious about Bebang's claim, I decided to check it out myself. We'd still avail the discounted dimsum + shabu-shabu anyway if the unlimited dimsum + shabu-shabu promo was anything but real.

- We met in front of Jollibee Masangkay around 2:40 in the afternoon after the short heavy rain. (I even wore my bright yellow boots just in case the rain wouldn't stop.) We walked all the way to Binondo, where I even met Bebang's sister's classmates; they were on the way to McDonald's Binondo. Haha.

- We reached Pacific Centre after a long walk, and indeed, the promo was real. For 338php per head, a person can order as much dimsum, soup, soup-noodle bowls, dry-noodle dishes, and shabu-shabu items, and one round of either iced tea or milk tea. The waitress gave us a long list of the chosen items that were inclusive of the promo. This is enough to say that Bebang and I ordered as much dimsum and shabu-shabu items as we wanted, and thought of finishing. By the way, if all the food weren't consumed, the person would have to pay 888php instead of 338php.

- Bebang and I spent around 3 hours finishing everything we ordered. We went to the restaurant with the sun semi-shining, and left the restaurant with the sun preparing to depart the Philippines. Still, we had a terrific time in the restaurant, talking endlessly as if we don't talk a lot online - then again it's always different to talk to people face-to-face.

- As of now, the waitress told us that they had no word from the management about the promo's termination. No dates were also present in the poster. Still, I think the 338php-per-head promo is worth it, especially for big eaters like me, and a lot of my friends. I guess this branch had this promo since it's a bit hidden or far from the "mainland" Chinatown. Still, I'm still a bit "disappointed" since the shrimp hakaw that I love so much wasn't part of the promo. That's just me anyway. :D:D:D:D

8 comments:

  1. Sulit ba kapag more than 3 people kasi parang di na sulit na 400Php per person kasi mukhang hindi naman kayo makaka-1200Php haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends sa kumakain, pero may point ka rin. :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah depende sa kumakain pero iyon nga lang kahit todo kain ka naman you don't get a 1200Php bill haha. Ang bawi sakin kapag eat all you can x3 ng bill iyong kinain hahahah XD

    ReplyDelete