Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black, White, Happiness: MASCKS and Batch '07's Unofficial Mini-Batch Reunion




- November 27, 2010, Saturday

- OK, I know it's a bit irresponsible of me to ditch the batch pictorial in Ateneo today. Well, they announced it the last minute, and a lot of people wouldn't be able to make it to the pictorial for different reasons. I on the other hand was half sick; I have a slight cold that's been driving me nuts for several days. At least now, my throat doesn't "burn" each time I swallow.

- Since I decided not to go to Ateneo today, I called up Mrs. Villaver and some officers to tell them that I would be able to make it to the MASCKS meeting today. To my surprise, the majority of the members were not informed, and only around twenty people attended the meeting. Also, a big bulk of members were participants in the Student Council's giant-Christmas-card-making contest, and the mopit (Chinese calligraphy) contest. Others were participants, or "required audience people" in the Math contest in the auditorium. Given the circumstances, I still thought that the MASCKS meeting was still very fruitful, because we were able to conceptualize the movie-medley-Oscar-Awards theme of this year's presentation (but not one big play like they used to do.) This is just for this year though.

- Cleo, Anne, Kevin, Karl and I ate a rather early lunch at McDonald's after the meeting. We were very surprised to see an almost-empty McDonald's, because McDonald's was never empty, especially on a Saturday. We did realize, however, that maybe it's a bit too early for lunch. Still, it was nice to eat at McDonald's with PLENTY OF ELBOW SPACE. Heehee. Anne and I also dubbed this today as "Black and White Day" because a lot of us were wearing black and white, and that the lack of people in CKSC and in McDonald's made the day plain - just like black and white.

- I returned to CKSC after lunch, and waited for a bit more than an hour for Megan, since she told me that she was going to CKSC to grab her yearbook. I went to the Music Room for a short visit, played the piano in an empty room, and waited for Megan to call me.

- After Megan arrived, other batchmates came one by one to get their yearbooks too. Wilbur, the former batch president and yearbook committee member, was also there to facilitate the distribution of the yearbooks. I also helped around, since I had nothing better to do while waiting for other friends who I knew would be going to school also.

- The highlight of the afternoon was seeing Leanne, Tina, Tal, and Jane. I haven't seen these people in a long while, and the lack of communication, thanks to thesis, bothered me a bit. Of course, I was also glad to see other batchmates whom I haven't seen since prom.

- Another big and unexpected highlight of the afternoon was seeing my friend Vanna. I haven't seen her since prom, but I still talked to her regularly through YM., and always telling her that I wanted to see her. I also told her to cook for me because she took up HRIM in Benilde.

- I still feel part guilty about not going to the group photoshoot this morning in Ateneo, but I feel that today was one of the most memorable days of my college life. Despite being a "black and white day," I guess this is where this ever-so-famous statement comes into place: "Simplicity is beauty."

9 comments:

  1. we meet again... :)
    didn't had the chance to say goodbye a while ago...(nagmamadali kasi ako)...
    (ang messy ng hair ko ah)... :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok!! Super tuwa ako nakita kita ulit!!!! Last time nagkita tayo was nung Kung Fu Panda!! HAHAHAHA. Kamusta na nga pala si shoti mo??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG AMBILIS!!!! Saan siya study?? WAIT....GRABE NALIMUTAN KO NAME NG SHOTI MO :|:|:|:| ANO ULIT NAME NIYAAAA????

    ReplyDelete
  4. AY LOL?!?!?!?!?!?! OMG ANO YEAR AND COURSE??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. Is this the shoti na kilala ko na from CKSC lumipat sa Xavier??

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Ang galing!! I need to look for him....kung makilala ko pa siya. HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete