Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Centuries: Our High School Yearbook is FINALLY Here!!




- November 24, 2010, Wednesday

- FINALLY, our high school yearbook is in our hands. Everyone thought that the yearbook would probably be finished after our college graduations - although this happened to our friends from La Salle and Benilde who graduated within the latter half of this year. They also received their college yearbook too. Interesting, isn't it?

- I met Marnie and Joanna earlier today to get our yearbooks and have lunch at Tasty Dumplings. The yearbooks were really supposed to be released in the afternoon, when someone from out batch would be assisting the CKSC office in distributing the yearbooks, but Joanna had classes this afternoon. Funny enough, we were able to get our yearbooks almost instantly, because I was "malakas" in the office, quoting Siensi Wailyn. Haha.

- We went straight to Ongpin after our short visit to CKSC. Before walking to Tasty, we checked out the newly-opened Korean grocery in Ongpin. I forgot the name of the grocery, but it's somewhere across the big President's Tea House, just before the bridge to Salazar Bakery.

- The owner of the restaurant was a nice Korean lady. I can't guess her age, but she seemed young, but I think she's old enough to be "married." The Filipina salesladies were also accommodating. I talked to the Korean lady in Korean, and as always, she was amazed. I told her that I spoke a little, but she got a bit carried away that she talked to me in straight Korean, encouraging me to study more. To those that I didn't quite understand, I just said yes (or "ne" in Korean.) HAHA.

- We arrived at Tasty around 11:30 in the morning, and had a really really big lunch; we even need to rest in between so our tummies wouldn't burst. We even went through the whole yearbook and reminisce our whole high school experience.

- The yearbook was sepia for the most part. I think this was better than the original black-and-white format. It also fit in with the title of our yearbook, which was "Memoirs '07." According to the Sharwin, the yearbook committee head, they wanted to have the looking-back-and-reminiscing kind of effect, and therefore, sepia. Seemed reasonable.

- After Joanna left for school, Marnie and I went to Tutuban to roam around and find something that Marnie needed for school. I was also able to find a very specific "Buddhist" store that sold everything related to Buddhism (from statues, charms, etc.) Although there exist many Buddhist stores not only in Tutuvban, this one, hidden on the top floor of Tutuban, sold kung fu sandals (more "open" than kung fu shoes) similar to the ones my late uncle had.

- Before passing away, he was supposed to let me have his pair of kung fu sandals, since they were still unused and that he wouldn't be able to use them anyway. Sadly, the sandals were too small for me, since my uncle had smaller feet. My mother asked where he bought those sandals, and my uncle said "a store selling Buddhist items somewhere on the upper floors of older Tutuban. (not the side with the National Bookstore)" It seemed easy to follow at first, but when my mom and I went to Tutuban before, we encountered several stores that sold Buddhist things, none of them selling the same kind of sandals my uncle had. My mom and I never checked the uppermost floor since we saw that there were no stalls there. Little did we know that one Buddhist store (that seemed to be a mini-temple inside a mall) was placed there. Today, I have found the store by accident, and I was able to buy the same kung fu sandals my uncle had. (By the way, my uncle's kung fu sandals, since no one would be able to use them, were cremated along with my uncle. Ahh, Chinese burial culture.)

- Marnie and I got tired moments later, and decided to go home - at least in her case. I on the other hand went back to CKSC and helped out in distributing the yearbooks. Sharwin and Thea were there, and we also waited for Bino to arrive after around an hour. Several batchmates also arrived to get their yearbooks, and I didn't miss the chance to take pictures of some of them. Haha. Since I was in CKSC already, I was also able to visit some friends from the (way way way way) lower batches. Yes, I do have that much "connections." Hahahaha,

- Today went pretty well, I suppose. Well I was thinking of spending the whole afternoon studying, but my social life took time away from study time. HAHA. Well, I still have tonight though, and it's not called cramming because I have laid out my schedule perfectly. I am also not in a rush. Still, I think this is just one of those little things that has the mark of "making most out of senior year." Heehee.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen prettier (ehem more expensive) yearbooks from other batches. Pero I like ours na rin. Better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay ba yung design sa loob????? i wanna get mine na rin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's neat naman. :D:D:D:D Maybe not as nice as your shoti's yearbook, but for me presentable na yung atin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Langiya talaga si Sarah hindi tumingin sa cam!! HAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete