Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fat Night: The 3-Hour Dinner Buffer Challenge




- September 23, 2011, Friday.

- I hadn't seen my friend Eric since March this year, and decided to meet up with him a while ago. I tried to ask other common friends to go, but it ended with just the two of us.

- Eric and I initially planned to eat at Tasty Dumplings, the one beside the Binondo Church, but Eric came home a bit late from work, so we decided to eat some place else. Eric had not tried the Golden Fortune buffet before, so we decided to eat there.

- We arrived at Golden Fortune (the one at the Pacific Center) at quarter to 9, and was surprised to see almost no one aside from the crew. Eric was curious enough to ask one of the waiters, and the waiter told us that the buffet promo would start at 9. The buffet promo is available the whole day, but during the promo hours (2:30-5pm, 9pm-1am,) each head would only cost 338php insted of 488php (or is it 448php??) Still, we noticed that Golden Fortune wasn't as jam-packed as we expected it to be, especially during the promo period. At least it wasn't as noisy as the usual "full-house" restaurant.

- Eric and I ordered a lot, trying to make the most out of the buffet. Eric told me to choose the some of the items with weird and unfamiliar names, so we'd get to try them. We also tried some of the "special broth" in the menu, just because we were adventurous like that.

- As expected, we ordered more food than we can ever imagine, at least more than enough for two men. We tried to master the art of "pacing," so we could slowly, "but surely....err, hopefully," finish our food. Of course we spent most of the time talking and talking and looking at the weird golden mushrooms. Haha.

- We ended around midnight, and I was really lucky to find a tricycle nearby. The guy charged a bit extra, but it was OK; it was raining, the place was a bit far from my house, and he was one of the few drivers who were still awake.

- Thanks for celebrating my early birthday with me, Eric, till next time. :D:D:D:D Tomorrow....err later today....I shall be a jetsetter around Manila. HAHAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment