Monday, September 26, 2011

How To Own A Pizzeria: The Double Birthday




- September 25, 2011, Sunday.

- The actual day of my birthday was reserved for my high school buddies (and my family at night.) What made the 25th of September more special was that two of us celebrated on that date - my friend Karel, and I (which meant I wouldn't have to shoulder the whole bill. YAY!!)

- Our friend Genenieve, who unfortunately wasn't able to come, kept on telling us about this restaurant near UST that served regular-sized, to giant 36-inch pizzas. With much researching through the net, I discovered that the pizzeria's name was "Calda Pizza," and is located at P. Noval Street, located near the big Ministop at the corner of Espana and P. Noval. Although Genevieve wasn't able to come, and I think she was the one most excited about the pizza plan, I still decided to eat there just to see if the food there was great.

- My friends and I were supposed to meet around 11am, although I met them 30 minutes later because it took me a while to finish thanking people who greeted me via Facebook. I hurriedly ran to the swimming pool area to meet up with them, and we rode two tricycles to somewhere near UST.

- We first went to Berna's condo near UST before going to the restaurant. After Bernadette came out of the elevator, she asked us why we brought a cake. I really thought she was joking, until she asked a second time while walking to St. Thomas Square, a mini-mall on the way to the restaurant, where we're supposed to meet Karel. Jessica dragged Berna to one side, and whispered that I was my birthday and Karel's. Hahahaha.

- We soon arrived at St. Thomas Square, and met Karel within 5 minutes. Not knowing where Calda Pizza was exactly, we asked the guard of St. Thomas Square who fortunately knew where it was.

- The Calda branch in P. Noval was a bit small, and can seat around 20 people, or maybe a bit more. Since it was a Sunday and no students can be seen around the UST area (although some students were inside UST for extracurricular stuff I suppose,) the restaurant was empty.

- We first ordered a 30-inch 4 Seasons pizza (Quattro Stagione,) and later, a 30-inch Milano pizza. Calda's pizza is relatively less expensive than most commercial pizzas, but I liked how their pizzas aren't as oily as most commercial pizzas. Calda's pizza crust was also thinner than other pizzas, and well-"toasted." Although the toppings aren't as "abundant" as other pizzas, Calda's pizzas tasted light, and the aromatic melted cheese, almost liquid like the pizzas of Italy, wasn't overpowering the other toppings.

- Our friend Nathalie soon arrived, and Marvinson texted at the last minute that he wouldn't be able to come, which made me the only guy again in the group.

- In the end, Karel and I didn't know how to divide the cake between us, so I let her keep the cake, while I took home the leftover pizza. We all went home after around 3 hours of lunch, instead of going to the Rockband place and hang out more; people were busy, sick, or tired. Well, at least we were all able to spend a quiet afternoon - with Calda's radio music playing oldie songs, most of them depressing - but I think it was one of the coziest meals I've had with the group apart from the time they hung out here at home. Hopefully we'll be complete next time, and still manage to have a cozy lunch or dinner. Even better, if we could "own" a restaurant again for a meal. Teehee.

2 comments:

  1. gilberttt. alam mo bang i remembered your birthday nung sunday, pero i couldnt greet kasi wednesday na kami nagkainternet. tas i forgot about it. sorrryyyyy :(((

    pero belated happy birthday!! im glad to see you had fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! IZZZZ OK LANG!!!! THANKS!! :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete