Monday, September 26, 2011

Jetsetter Pre-Birthday PART 4: Late Evening to Early Dawn with Dorenett, Monica, and Marianne :D:D:D:D




- September 24 to 25, 2011, Saturday to early Sunday.

- FINALLY, the last part of my pre-birthday day. Monica asked us a few days ago if we wanted to go to Mercato after the cultural performance in PICC. Since Dor and I have never gone to Mercato - or any of the foodie market places - we decided to go.

- From Manila, we had a comfortable ride to Makati, then Taguig. Upon arrival, the place seemed nice....until we went inside. As expected, it was highly crowded, especially since it was a Saturday night. Dorenett told me that it might be possible to have lung cancer in just seconds of being inside because of all the grilling from many stalls. Still, all the stuff there seemed to beg me to buy them.

- For those who don't know, Mercato is a weekend-market place that opens some time in the afternoon, and around 10pm to around 3am at night (to dawn.) Monica told me that the shops/stalls during the afternoon are different from the ones at night.

- We were lucky to have found a cozy table outside, right in front of the Chinese-owned GuacTruck, a Mexican-Filipino food-truck/van. I just found it amusing that the owners were Chinese, because they didn't look to Chinese, until I heard them speak to their aunt (??) in perfect Chinese. Haha.

- Dor and I went around and bought a pizza with international-fusion flavors, and nachos. On the way back to our table, we saw our friend Cherilyn. Yay!! After Dor and I settled, Monica and her sister went inside and brought back a ton of food. Taco salad cups, bon-chon-ish chicken wings, fish and chips, etc. I also tried stuff from the GuacTruck and I love it; it wasn't too heavy. I didn't want to eat a lot because I might not sleep again like what happened to me the other night. HAHA.

- It was, I think, the first time that I was out with someone on the eve of my birthday. The thought of eating outdoors with friends, in Global City, and on the eve of my birthday, almost let me expect to see fireworks when the clock struck 12. Then again I remembered that people only did that during new year. HAHA.

- We soon went inside and tried some weird/unique- but-delish ice cream. I wanted to buy myself a cup, but my throat was still a bit dry, and I'm afraid that I might have a sore throat today (gladly I didn't!!) Well, I got to have free tastes of the weird flavors, and I liked them - some more than others. Haha.

- We went around and sat near the exit, while my companions finished their ice cream. Just before we left, Monica treated us to mochi ice cream. I had green tea because it wasn't as....sweet as the other flavors. Hahahaha.

- We all went home at around 1-ish, and had a really adventurous ride home. For one, we almost hit a motorist who suddenly swerved to our lane. Good thing the driver's foot was on the brakes!! Haha. I am just thankful that we all got home safely.

- I really really want to thank everyone for making this unique experience/day special. It wasn't unique just because it was the day before my birthday (and ended up on the day of my birthday,) but because I was able to do something I haven't done in a long time, did new things with old friends in old places, met new people, went to new places, and had that "countdown to my birthday" in Mercato that really made my night. To more adventures. :D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment