Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hopefully Not My Final Destination: Chill Afternoon On the First of September




- September 1, 2011, Thursday.

- Hurray again for another free cut, and I was able to go out and be one with civilization once again. It also happened that it was my friend Margarette's term break, so I was able to meet her up this afternoon. We never really had any concrete plan of what to do today, and the decision to go to Robinson's Place was a top-of-the-mind suggestion.

- I met Marga at the LRT station around 11:40 in the morning, and went to Robinson's to buy movie tickets for Final Destination 5. Having an hour to spare before the movie, we both decided to have lunch. Where to have lunch was another problem; we went around Robinson's for half an hour, before landing in Pancake House to have lunch.

- Although we had less than thirty minutes to have lunch, we were still able to chat and slowly digest our food before the movie. The service was also fast, so we ended our lunch, and arrived at the theater just when the opening credits started rolling.

- The fifth installment of the Final Destination film series was just like any other. The main plot/theme was the same, which was the selling point of the movie, but I wished the movie could have been bloodier. (People don't really expect me to say this, but again, I like my Final Destination movies bloodier. Haha.) The third Final Destination will always be my favorite. (To those who're familiar with the film series, it's the one with the roller coaster.)

- After the movie, Marga and I had a lot of time to spare. We had around an hour and a half to dawdle around the mall before Marga needed to meet another friend at the LRT station for church. Marga and I went around the mall again, only to end up eating at Chocolate Spoon/ Icebergs at the Midtown Wing of Robinson's Place. We talked some more, having lighter, happier topics, before we left the restaurant, checked some stuff Marga wanted to look at, and went to the LRT station.

- It was fun to spend time with Marga this afternoon, even if we could've wanted more time to talk and chill, but it was still relaxing, not to mention tummy-filling. I did not regret watching Final Destination 5, although all that blood and gore were ironies of what I call a "lazy and chill" session with a friend. Because I had fun on the first of September, I hope more adventures will be in store for me in the "-ber" months.

No comments:

Post a Comment