Saturday, February 4, 2012

From Hyperness, To Starvation, To Abdominal Bloating




- February 4, 2012, Saturday.

I. Rehearsals

- I was able to recharge myself from a good night's sleep last night, and woke up 5 minutes earlier before my alarm went off. I quickly prepared myself for my piano lesson, and was ready to meet the musicians right after.

- The morning rehearsal with the musicians was very fruitful, since I was already able to fit all parts of the mini-orchestra together. They all sounded nice, and I told my musicians to be very proud of themselves. As a reward, I gave them a rather generous "break" in between our morning session, and I also let them off earlier.

- I had lunch with some of the other members who went earlier, went back to school, and waited until the afternoon session commenced. This time, actors, dancers, and everyone else were there. Most of my musicians were not able to go to the afternoon session, so I dealt with the singers, and the actors.

- I had too much fun with rehearsals, so much so that I played around with some of the other performers, even doing a rather interpretative dance of the theater version of Lion King's "Circle of Life." Haha. It was hard doing all those moves while trying to not make myself dirty, and carrying a semi-heavy necklace on my neck (that suits my batik polo.)

- We ended rehearsals at quarter to five, with me bagging along the club fund collected for the day, so I can buy the Ramayana-excerpt costumes on Monday. Thank you Ateneo for giving us a long long weekend.



II. Buffet 101

- I quickly walked to my friend Dorenett's house after rehearsals, feet still sore and tired from all that Lion-King-ing, and craziness whatnot. I quickly rang the bell, was let in, and sat for a while to soothe my ham-fat legs.

- Our friend Monica rang the bell not long after, and enthusiastically ushered us to her car. The three of us were on our way to the newly-opened Buffet 101, right beside SM Mall of Asia. Since it was my first time there, I was excited to try out all the food there. It is always hard to please me when it comes to buffet restaurants, since my expectations and standards always go up a notch higher.

- Overall, Buffet 101 was above average. The dishes were not too special, although I want to commend the Japanese section for making their sushi/maki distinct from each other, despite the notion of Japanese food being bland. I also took interest in the desserts such as the creatively-flavored panna cotta placed in shot glasses. The drinks were also inclusive of the payment, which I think is also a plus for me. (Each person cost around 1050php.)

- As the three of us were trying to spend time catching up and having a "special bonding session," we noticed most people who crowded the place were familiar faces. It was inevitable to say "hi," or to smile at someone we knew - that doesn't include the other people we didn't know, but knew that they came from our alma mater (faculty, administrative staff, alumni, current students, etc.)

- Monica was finally able to give me the batik that I asked her to bring for me from her recent trip to Indonesia (thank you for not letting me pay, but I shall make it up to you somehow. Haha.) That's the main reason why I reserved my batik polo for today. I loved the batik she bought, and I'm currently experimenting on ways to drape/wrap/tie the cloth that would suit me.

- We left Buffet 101 at around 9:30, and walked a bit to help the food go down. We were able to catch some of the weekend fireworks by MOA that lit up the sky, just before a few drops of rain fell. We found Monica's car, and we were all driven home by Monica's chauffeur. The traffic was a bit heavy tonight, and the hour-long trip home gave us more time to talk.

- Today's whole-day affair was definitely tiring, but very productive, enjoyable, and nonstop fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment